Chapter 13: D-Day 🔪

Taemi POV
I was just trying to go home earlier today basically because I’m enough of dramas and Sang Won. When I reached home, I texted Taehyung that I had reached home (as usual). The moment I looked up, it’s dad, again. The moment I wanted to text Taehyung, dad started to talk to me normally, “today is mum’s birthday, I bought your favourite fried chicken and soju!” He sounded so excited, it’s killing me. “It’s not… mum’s birthday yet…” I whispered to myself but didn’t dare to say anything. “Come! Come and sit down! Where’s Taehyung?” He dragged me to sit on the sofa and asked me with a weird look on his face. “I’ll ask him…” I quickly text Taehyung that dad is home and to be back quickly. “He says that he’s coming home,” I pretended as if nothing happened. 

“Go ahead and eat!” He then fed me a small piece of fried chicken. I ate it with an awkward smile on my face, he literally stared at me until I fully chewed the chicken. He suddenly became so nice and slowly moved closer to me. I was so afraid that he might suddenly stand up and act like a crazy man again. I must be cautious. 

He opened the soju bottle he bought and poured it into an ordinary cup, we do not have soju cups (the small cute ones) so he just used the normal cup and poured only ⅛ of soju in the cup. “Let’s celebrate this day!” He lifted his cup and signalled me to drink the soju that he poured in earlier. I shook my head. I didn’t want to drink soju. “Dad… I’m still underage” I reminded him. “Oh whatever daughter, you’re at home, there’s nothing to worry about.” He placed the cup on my hands. I had no choice, so I drank a small sip. My hand was trembling from fear. Hoping that everything will end soon. 

He suddenly stood up (Again. I mean, that always happens) this time with a soju bottle in his hands. “Where's mum? She is supported to be here celebrating with us!” He suddenly shouted. I panicked and stood up immediately by his shout. He walked towards me as I walked away from the sofa and closer to my room so that I could escape. “Where’s mum?! Where’s she?!!” He shouted again as he lifted the soju bottle. That trauma came again. I immediately squatted and screamed for help grabbing my hair like I don’t care. 

I’m so glad that before my dad even smashed that soju bottle on my head, Taehyung came in just in time and managed to push dad away, making his back hit against the window and taking his soju bottle that he held. He took it and smashed it on a table into half, holding the other half to stab dad…

I stared at Taehyung WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING. 

Taehyung POV
I know I went insane. Yes, I am. After a tiring and angry day, seeing dad just made it worse. I came home hearing screams and immediately tried to protect Taemi. But I went too far. I was mad and angry, I vented it all on that soju bottle and dad. 

1 time.
2 times.

I heard screaming from Taemi but it felt like it’s muffled. Tears rolling down my cheeks, I see red blood. I stopped. “What are you doing?” Taemi pulled me away and pushed me so hard I fell on the ground, back lying against the wall. I stared at the blood on my heads and looked at the soju bottle. I immediately let go of the bottle. What am I doing? I cried. So bad. So bad everything just looks black and white, like everything is slowed down. I hugged myself in fear, what have I done? I looked at Taemi checking dad’s pulse and crying badly kneeling down holding his hands. I’m so sorry Taemi, I've protected you wrongly. 

Soon then I heard police cars and saw red and blue lights outside

Soon then I heard police cars and saw red and blue lights outside. I’m so done. I thought. But that thought faded away when I saw Taemi holding on to the soju bottle that I held just now just before the police came in. What are you doing, Taemi? Are you crazy? She looked sad and a little hesitant when she took the bottle with her left hand but was brought to the police station right away. I was the culprit. But I couldn’t open my mouth. I was just left behind for an investigation interview. I didn’t say much.