✨Chapter 11✨

In these circumstances, he thought of Li Yuanyu and how he might come to save him. That was his last hope.

His consciousness began to fade, and he slowly closed his eyes.

"He's here!"

Someone suddenly yelled, but his hearing began to muddle. He felt the restrictions on his body release, and then felt someone carry him. Even though he couldn't see anything, he could still recognise the familiar smell that allowed him to lower his guard and fall asleep.

___

It felt like he had had a good, dreamless sleep.

"Hm, his injuries seem pretty much recovered by now. When do you think he'll wake up?" 

It seemed to be Jake's voice.

There wasn't an answer, but there was some water being fed into his mouth. Tang Shan couldn't resist it, but the second time he was fed more water, he slowly began to awaken.

The person in front of him was Li Yuanyu.

"Hey."

Li Yuanyu's lips had been moistened by the water and they glistened, giving him the urge to bite it.

Tang Shan blinked, his reactions still a little slow. Wordlessly, he stared at Li Yuanyu's lips.

"Do you want more?" Li Yuanyu lifted the cup and shook it while he asked.

Tang Shan wanted to reach out for it, but he suddenly realised there was a horrible scar on his wrist. Thinking back to all he had experienced, he dropped his hand.

The female soldier had died, and the sight of her staring at him seemed to be carved into his mind. The moment he remembered it, his skin began to crawl and he began to tremble in fear, whimpering slightly.

It was terrifying! It felt like she was still staring at him.

"Oi, Li Yuanyu, is he really alright? From what I see, there's something wrong..." Jake began to worry upon seeing that.

Li Yuanyu didn't bother replying and gathered Tang Shan, who had curled into a ball, into his arms. "It's okay. You're safe now."

"Li Yuanyu, Li Yuanyu, Li Yuanyu..." Tang Shan held him like a drowning person who had found a piece of driftwood.

"I'm here. You're fine. You're safe. I'll protect you." Li Yuanyu continuously provided him with words of comfort.

Seeing them, Jake read the atmosphere and left quietly.

Tang Shan eventually calmed down and rested his head against Li Yuanyu's shoulder, looking dazed. He didn't even bother with the inappropriateness of their position, and along with the security he felt with the hug, the terror in his heart gradually subsided.

"Are you hungry? Should I make you something?" Li Yuanyu asked.

His voice was very gentle, just as it had always been, but Tang Shan didn't want to leave his embrace, nor did he want him to leave. He held onto Li Yuanyu tightly, shaking his head to indicate he couldn't stomach the food.

"You should get something in your stomach. You've slept for quite a few days and it's not good for your body to go without food for so long." Li Yuanyu tried to push him away.

However, Tang Shan still held onto him, unwilling to let him go. He lowered his head and buried it in Li Yuanyu's neck, silently protesting.

"Or should I get Jake to bring some food up?"

Tang Shan stayed silent, unmoving.

He's only obedient and cute at times like this, Li Yuanyu thought to himself.

He sighed soundlessly, and Tang Shan, who was pressed tightly against him, felt the fluctuation in his breathing. Thinking that he was bothering Li Yuanyu, he hesitated but managed to suppress the longing in his heart and eventually let go, backing out of Li Yuanyu's embrace.

Tang Shan spoke with some difficulty, "I'm sorry."

He moved to the head of the bed, creating distance between them, and curled up like a kitten that had been scared stiff.

Li Yuanyu knew Tang Shan had mistaken the reason he'd sighed, and in his helplessness, felt even more protective of him.

"That's not it," Li Yuanyu got closer to him and gently stroked his hair that was sticking out in all directions, and then touched his face. He wanted to explain, but had no idea how to do so.

After a long moment of silence, Tang Shan looked up and watched Li Yuanyu, wondering what he was going to say.

"I love you. I love you more than anyone else in the world." Li Yuanyu suddenly confessed.

Tang Shan lowered his head again. Li Yuanyu came closer and embraced him once more.

"Tang Shan, you're in my arms now." He sighed happily again.

Tang Shan finally understood.

"Tang Shan, I won't say that I'm doing all these without expecting you to reciprocate. I can wait till you get used to this, but please don't say you'll leave me again," Li Yuanyu hugged Tang Shan tightly, as if he wanted to become one with him.

Tang Shan faltered. The rational and irrational parts of him were dueling against each other, causing him to feel conflicted.

He wasn't homosexual, nor did he wish to become homosexual. He was a completely normal man...

But Li Yuanyu was special!

When Jake finished his third cup of fruit tea, the two owners of the house reappeared, and were unexpectedly holding hands.

Li Yuanyu brought Tang Shan to the side of the dining table and pulled the chair out for his lover, letting him sit. He wanted to get some food from the counter, but Tang Shan didn't seem to have any intentions of letting go.

"Jake, could you get the sandwiches from the fridge for me, please?" Li Yuanyu asked Jake.

It must be the end of the world! Jake couldn't accept the sudden change in attitude Li Yuanyu was taking with him and stood there, stunned. He stared at their intimate position as they stayed glued to each other.

Fine, he might have been exaggerating. They were just holding hands while Tang Shan was seated, and his gaze wasn't even on Li Yuanyu. However, Li Yuanyu was watching Tang Shan with eyes of love and devotion.

It was so sweet it was disgusting!