Administrator's Prophecy

Centoria, Jaymes

“Ugh, it’s pretty gross when you see it up close. Like a giant mushroom cap… So...should we call it the Cathedral Mushroom now?” I stare at the transformed Cathedral Cedar with Alice and Eydis.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Eydis replies.

“Oh, you’re back.” I look down to see Cardinal approaching us. She, too, glances up at the Cedar with worry.

“Um, Cardinal… About that webbed cap on top of the Cathedral Cedar…”

“Yes, Alice, it is a cause for concern. It suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It seems to be growing gradually as well.”

“What for?”

“I’ve no idea. We are investigating, but we still don’t know the Administrator’s goal.”

“We do,” I interrupt. “Norlangarth was quite the fulfilling trip.”

“Is that so? Tell me.”

“First, what did you find out from the Clamp seed? Anything new?”

Cardinal sighs. “We have tried various means of research, but… The only thing we’ve discovered is that the seed is empty inside.”

“Empty? That’s unusual.”

“Yeah. There’s a hole inside, but nothing in it. We have nothing else to investigate.”

“Well, see if you have any luck with this one.” I toss her the seed from the castle. “We found a Clamp on the imperial grave. But here’s the kicker: it brought an empress and her chamberlain back to life.”

“Hmm… With two seeds, we can make comparisons. I’ll continue studying these.”

“Also,” Eydis speaks, “Deusolbert was captured by the Clamp Core, just like Eldrie. According to Deusolbert, the hooded man can use Deep Freeze. There also wasn’t a seed from the Clamp Core this time. Kayode was defeated by us, but killed by who we believed to be the hooded man.”

“And not only that,” Alice adds, “but when Deusolbert shot an arrow at the hooded man, it bounced off an invisible wall.”

Cardinal cups her chin. “A lot to process… Unfortunate that you couldn’t unmask him, but I am glad you’re all safe. You’re likely to meet him again, so stay on your guard.”

Deusolbert steps up. “I have one more report, Acting Pontifex. After I was unfrozen, I felt the Pontifex’s will run through me. And before I knew it, I drew my weapon on Eydis and Alice.”

Quinella’s will? So that’s what happened. “What did it feel like?”

“I don’t exactly remember. I only knew that I had to obey her. And that is why I fought against the girls.”

Cardinal scoffs and looks up to the Cedar. “Even after her body’s demise, her will lives on… What an obstinate woman.”

I smirk. “Apparently my type. Oh, and Cardinal… Two more things. I have a matter I wish to talk to you privately about. And the other… Have you heard of a man called Hersyrian, a so-called Senate Representative?”