The Dark Knights

Three days later, Centoria

“So that’s pretty much been the last few days since I sent Renly back. Knights, witches, sleeping monsters, more knights, and many more missing.”

Bercouli thinks to himself for a moment. “All we can do is wait for word from the units I sent out to search for them.”

“Have there been no news on that front,” Alice asks.

“Nothing,” Fanatio answers. “It’s possible the missing Dark Knights have regrouped already.”

“I would hope we could stop them before they make their move.”

“Whatever they do, it should be contained within Eastavarieth.”

“It’s unlikely they can scale the Everlasting Walls.”

“Commander Bercouli,” a Lesser Integrity Knight calls as he enters the meeting along with a sentry. “A squad of sentries have sighted a segment of Dark Knight!”

Fanatio frowns in alarm. “Our Dragon Knights found no trace of them. Why would they show up now?”

“Where did you see the knights?”

“Not far from here, actually,” the sentry answers. “They’re marching on Centoria.”

“They plan to attack the capital?”

“Sir, they have amassed quite a force. We should respond with numbers as well.”

“I agree. Call back every Integrity Knight we have except those guarding the End Mountains. We’ll stage an all-out assault before the Dark Knights can attack the capital!”

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sivilla Mountains, Eastavarieth

Maybe it was the anticipation dwelling inside me, but upon seeing the numbers of our enemy, my tone conveys disappointment as we meet the Dark Knights. “There are much fewer than anticipated.”

“Bercouli did order the knights on the End Mountains to stay there, after all.”

Alice backs my thinking up. “No, he meant the Dark Knights. They mean to defeat the Integrity Knights and take the capital with only that many?”

“You think this is a fool’s errand,” Bercouli inquires.

“Sir… Yes, I do. They may not be of this age, but I doubt they would underestimate our strength.”

“I agree with you one hundred percent. Fanatio, have the knights wait. Tell them not to move under any circumstances.”

“Yes sir. What are you going to do?”

“Oh, nothing much. Just going to answer the little lady’s question. I’m going to ask them wha they’re doing here for myself.”

Fanatio freaks out. “A-Are you trying to get yourself killed?”

Eydis chuckles and pushes me forward. “Don’t worry, Fanatio. With Jaymes with the commander, you can sit back and be well knowing Mr. Mage Knight will defend the commander with his life.”