Keefe

The last few times he had come to the Forbidden Cities, he had set up a place to live. It was a quiet place, with lots of foods called fruits and vegetables and elven food he had brought. It was comfortable, and somehow he had made a few human friends. They were different from Sophie after she had been living in the human world. Or maybe they were similar, in the human way, and it was just their personalities that were different. He couldn't be sure.
He opened his eyes as he heard a loud familiar voice. Or... voices?

"IT'S KEEFE!" screamed one of the voices. It belonged to a human girl two years younger than him, her name was Olive. Well, that was what everyone called her. Keefe didn't know her actual name.
"Olive, be quiet. He's sleeping."
"Well I'm not now," Keefe announces, startling the girl Olive and another one of Keefe's human friends, Jack. He was Olive's best friend and he was the same age as Keefe.

Olive runs up to him and hugs him as Keefe sits up. She very much liked physical touch. "Why are you back, Keefe? I'm pretty sure last time you said you were never coming back again." She thought for a moment and laughed. "Well, you say that every time. I'm glad to see you again. You look different. Is your hair longer?"

     Keefe had come to this location many times in secret, every time he couldn't handle being in the Lost Cities. He hadn't come in about a year though, so it felt different to be back again.
     "Jack," Keefe said, looking up at the brown-haired human with dark but shining eyes. "How have you and Olive been?"

     Jack didn't talk much, unlike Olive. They were very much opposites. Olive had very light blond hair, it was almost white, and pale skin, while Jack had dark brownish reddish hair and darker skin. Olive had a very bright, energetic personality, not ashamed to say anything, while Jack was quieter and seemed to be embarrassed by who-knows-what a lot of the time. Keefe's heart jumped as he thought that it reminded him of Sophie, always blushing and embarrassed. She made him feel good, but it also hurt to think about her. He really needed to stop. She was a big reason why he decided to come here.

     "Hi, Keefe. We've been doing pretty good. Olive's mother hasn't been around for a while though, so she's been staying at my place." Jack looked away, his face slightly redder than usual.

     Olive gave Jack a look. "Anyways, how have you been, Keefe? And I'm asking again: Why are you here again?" Olive knew no boundaries and always got straight to the point. How do you think she found out that he was an elf and there was a whole different world that they lived in? If she had been just a bit less understanding, she would've been living in the Lost Cities already. He didn't mind it though.

     "Well, I just needed to get away, you know, and I'll probably be here for longer this time. There are certain reasons..." He didn't know what else to say. Then he thought of something.

     "Hey, your voice sounds deeper, Jack. It's been so long since I last saw you." With this, Jack blushes harder than he was before, and for the first time in a year, Jack looked Keefe in the eye. He seemed so nervous. But he was always like this.

     "Your voice is deeper too," he says, "and your hair. I-It's longer, I mean, not deeper." He says something to himself and touches his hair, looking away, and for a second they sit in awkward, way-too-long silence. Then Keefe cracks up which makes them all laugh for some dumb reason, and soon the three of them were all laughing, breaking the awkwardness.

     Sometimes, he felt like this was his true home. If he forgot about all of those people that were important to him back in the Lost Cities, which he couldn't. This was a good alternative though.

heyyy so it didn't take me like 6 months to update this, this time. yayy!
do you like the new characters (oc's) so far?
I'm not sure if people are still reading this, lol. If you are, feel free to vote and comment! That would be appreciated! but don't feel like you have to lol.
byee
-wheres dex -