xxiv. the street food date

The next day, Arthit entered their department with a bright smile and cheerful aura surrounding him. He's been in seventh heaven since last night when they parted. 

Earlier, he almost walked straight to the glass door because he's so focused on his thoughts about Kong, and though he almost embarrassed himself around those many people, it's fine. 

Everything around him was so beautiful and colorful. It was a lovely day. Arthit wanted to scream on top of the highest mountain that he was in love. 

Knot looked up from his coffee and smiled at the look Arthit had on his face. "You guys did it, didn't you?"

"No," Arthit rolled his eyes, not everything's about doing it. But he smiled again. "I did everything you guys suggested yesterday, and it went great. It went so great!"

"Are you planning to message K to thank him, then?"

"Why should I?" Arthit shook his head. "That guy will just bother me more, and he might think I'm interested in him so no."

"How great was it?"

Arthit perked up at Knot's question. "We watched the film, but there were some hugs and touches. We also held hands," Arthit chuckled. "I felt like we're in a relationship."

Knot smiled at his best friend, he's glad that Arthit looked happy. 

But when Arthit went back from the pantry with his cup of coffee, still sighing and smiling to himself as he thought of last night's events, Knot eventually gave up at Arthit's lovesick state. 

"Seriously? I don't know what's the worst. You missing Kong, you worrying about Kong or you thinking about him like this," Knot shook his head. "Are you done assessing the report I sent you last week?"

Arthit straightened up and quickly nodded. "I did. I finished it early because, well, I had a date last night with Kong and-"

Knot sighed. "How long are you going to be like this?"

Arthit rolled his eyes. "Didn't you always tell me to find a partner? Now that I'm in love with Kong, you're complaining."

"I didn't know you'd be like this."

"Well, suck it up."

Knot could only shake his head hearing Arthit sighing and laughing to himself. If this is how being in love looked, Knot didn't want to be in love anymore. 

An hour later, Knot looked at his best friend when he realized his friend had been staring at his phone for the last 30 seconds. Expressionless.

Knot laid his hand on Arthit's shoulder. "Why? What happened?"

Arthit slowly faced Knot. "Kong texted me." Arthit still looked shocked. 

Knot felt a slight nervous. "What did he say?"

"Kong reminded me that we're going to have lunch together."

Knot relaxed immediately, mentally berating himself that he got nervous at Arthit's nonsense. He went back to reading the proposed policies. "Yeah? You always eat with him during lunch."

"I know, but," Arthit faced back his desktop but he still looked thoughtful. "This is the first time he reminded me and he sounded excited. What if..."

Knot prepared himself from the onslaught of Arthit's theories instigated by his sheer interest in watching series and movies. 

"Do you think maybe-"

"No. I don't think he's held up at gunpoint and his captor forced him to message that so as not to arise any suspicion but you did and now you want to call the police, army, bomb-"