Chapter 1: It All Begins!

Introduction

"The chaos can be described as something good or evil, but chaos equals power over everyone in this world. However, to control this chaos, you must have a chaos controller who has to develop their skills to keep the chaos in check. This will explain the future of this world as with one chaos child; you can control this entire world." — A quote by the first chaos master, Lucas Thompson. 

Chapter 1

A young black boy named Andre (12) was staring out his classroom window. He had already done the work for the day and was waiting to go outside for lunch. The teacher notices he's not paying attention, but before she can say anything, the bell rings for everyone to go outside. As the children all head outside, a teacher named Christian comes from a different room to visit.

Christian: "How is everything going in here, Maria?"

Maria: "He's been distracted lately and not paying attention to anything in the class. I fear his spirit animal could be the reason for all of this, which could mean a full moon would be on the horizon. His powers will be unleashed, and that'll be the end for us if that happens, Christian!"

Christian: "Don't worry, Maria. We'll finish him before that happens. Plus, we have two days before the full moon, so we can finally attack once Aaron and Lisa get here."

Christian and Maria leave the classroom to join the kids outside.

Andre sits under a tree when a young black boy named Dewayne (12) approaches him. But before he could say anything, Andre noticed a dragon on Dewayne's right arm.

Andre: "How did you get a tattoo already? You're too young to get one."

Dewayne: "It's not a tattoo; it's more like a birthmark. I assume it is a birthmark because I've tried to get it off many times."

Andre: "That's very intriguing, but what did you come here for?"

Dewayne: "What I am about to tell you won't make sense immediately, but eventually, it will come naturally to you. Forty-eight hours from now, at around nine at night, a full moon will be presented for the first time in eight years. It's significant because you'll finally awaken to a world that you have been hidden from."

Andre: "What does that mean?"

Dewayne: "As I said, you'll understand soon enough."

Dewayne walks away, and Andre still looks confused. He decides not to worry about it as he heads back inside to finish the school day. The rest of the day goes by smoothly, like any other day, and at last, the bell rings. All the children run outside to go home. Andre heads outside to look for his ride when Maria catches up with him to talk.

Maria: "Hey, Andre, can we talk right quick?"

Andre: "Yes, is something wrong?"

Maria: "No, I just wanted to ensure everything was okay since you seemed distracted today. You were staring at the sky like there was something up there."

Andre: "I'm sorry about that. I felt like something was calling my name then, but I didn't see anything. But I was paying attention in class."

Maria: "Okay, just making sure."

A car honks its horn, and Sarah (Andre's mom) begins waving at Andre and Maria. Andre walks over to the car and waves to Maria before leaving. Sarah and Andre pull up to the house to see Kevin (Sarah's husband) and Ricky (a family friend) standing outside, putting a smile on both of their faces as they leave the car.