Chapter 7 : Forgetting The Truth

Chapter 7: Forgetting The Truth
Damien's P.O.V.

I stayed on the floor, leaning against the door, for about a solid hour, playing with my fingers and rethinking thoughts.

I heard a click, like someone had been trying to open the door. I grabbed my books from the floor and stood up, waiting to go out as soon as the teacher had set my detention, I couldn't care anymore.

The second time, I heard a click louder than the one before, and the door peeked open. It was Mr Sheffle.

Damn.

"Damien Blake," he walked towards the teacher's table, past me, and put down his books with a thud.

"Mr. Sheffle," I greeted, knowing that I'd get to hear the word 'detention' the next sentence he says. I turned to him and faced him.

"I don't need explanations, Blake. Saturday, 8 in the morning sharp," he told me while taking off the glasses that were perched on his nose.

I sighed," Yes, sir."

I left the room and now, in a hurry, there's nothing more I'd want to do than find Sydney.

I ran around the big block, running up and down the long-winded stairs, to the basketball courts and the library.

She wasn't here.

I ran back inside the block again and I was stopped when I stumbled across someone.

Kiela Summers, my girlfriend.

"Hey babe, why are you so flustered, what's going on?" She walked towards me and hugged me.

I gave her a quick hug back and replied," Looking for someone."

Her eyes widened, and I knew what she hid beneath her eyes, jealousy.

She gave me a small half-hearted smile," Oh, really? Who?"

"Babe, I gotta go. I'll text you later? Love you," I gave her another tight hug so she wouldn't suspect things and harm Sydney. I'd hate that when everyone finds out everything.

"Alright babe," she looked into my eyes and gave me an innocent smile, " Promise?"

"Promise."

"But before you go, just a kiss or two?" She pouted.

God, she's demanding.

But I can't say a no, or trouble would say a yes to me.
***

Sydney's P.O.V.

I didn't understand the pill that made me feel drowsy, but it made me feel better.

Although, it made me feel weird, a little off my feet and a little in the air.

I walked down the stairs, to the exit of the block that leads to the next where the library was.

But, to my disgust, I saw two figures.

Kissing furiously.

I gagged, but my feelings towards this changed when I found out who they were.

Kiela, and Damien.

I felt like clutching my heart, it felt heavy, and broken.

I realized that after all the fights I had had with myself, it wasn't much of a change at all.

He still had a girlfriend, whom he loves, and who loves him too. He is still a bully, he is still popular. Nothing changed between us, nothing.

I never understood love, and I don't think I will. I fought battles with myself that I never thought I would, but that doesn't change a thing. I had been blind, and delusional, and Jay had warned me about it.

I hurried out of the exit, and when I was out of the exit, I bumped into Jay.

"Syd, Syd, what happened?" He asked.

I gave him a small smile and said," Nothing, I'm great, are you following me to the library or something ?"

"Yeah, I wasn't in school today," he replied.

"You weren't?"

"Yeah, didn't you notice?"

"No, I thought you were off early today."

"You didn't see my text?"

"What?" I pulled out my phone from my pocket, typed my password that led into the home screen of my phone, went to my messages and read Jay's message.

"Oh my, sorry Jay, I'm so sorry," I hugged him.

"Aw," he pouted. He looked like a cute puppy, as always.

" I'll make it up to you?"

"Sure," his eyes were bright and there was a twinkle of happiness in them, he said with a wide smile.

"But right now, we need to get away from that block," I grabbed Jay's wrist and walked away from the block.

He stopped walking, and asked," Why, what's wrong?"

Everything's wrong. Damien and Kiela are still dating and I had forgot the truth and the fact. I thought I was someone else who finally got liked by my bully so it'll stop, at least. It was a play after all. I don't know this feeling, and it's so unknown. Does that signify that I like him? That's the truth I forgot to answer.

"Nothing, just gotta get away from there," I said, pulling his wrist, heading over to the other block.

***
Hey, guys! So much for the cliffhanger in the other chapter, now here goes to another part of it! But you haven't gotten the part Damien explained so that'll be up real quick soon!

Sayden?

Samien?

You decide! :) and soon to be, Sasher!

Love,

confetti_romancer