Chapter 11: Sentimentality and Nightmares

Chapter Dedications:
@hemmostanza5SOS
&
@FlowerCrownJimin
----
Chapter 11: Sentimentality and Nightmares
Jayden's P.O.V.

"Wake up," I felt someone shoving my shoulder.

"But mom, it's too early," I moaned.

"To hell with you, I'm not your mom."

I shot up the moment I heard that last statement.

What the hell. How could I have fallen asleep and leaving Sydney talking to herself when clearly I should've been talking to her since she's bringing me to this destination she had planned out for us to go.

"Yeah, you should have been talking to me," she smirked.

"What? Okay, Syd, you're creepy. You legit memorize every single page of your History book even if you don't like it and if you already don't know, you can read minds?" I felt a little mind-blown if I'm honest. But after all, you're talking about a Sydney Addison Harper, she knows anything and everything.

"No, you were thinking out loud," she laughed.

"I was?"

"Sometimes, you're even dorkier than me," she smirked.

"Right," I said, running my hand through my obviously messy hair.

"Anyways, we're here," she smiled.

I remembered the place, the park we first met, the park that brought us together even though somehow life tried to show me that I wasn't worthy enough for her and that we both weren't meant to be; I still refuse to believe life is always correct. At some point, life was flawless, therefore it wouldn't be able to determine our future. The only way to find out what the future held for the both of us was to venture into it and taking it as the present, just both of us.

The warm afternoon sun that fell on her face made her look like she just escalated down from heaven. Every single detail of her face, every feature and complexion of her face made me wonder why she's not more popular than Damien. She narrowed her eyes as a reflex to the sunlight entering her eyes.

She snapped her fingers," Hello? Earth to Jayden Carter? Or should I say Jayden Carter to Earth cause you're literally zoning out."

"Uhm, sorry," I muttered.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concerned.

I felt bad for making her worried about me, the fact that I was zoning out because of the intensive eavesdropping that I heard when she and Damien had a feud.

"Nah, I'm good. I pulled up an all-nighters last night to finish off some project I was working on," I smiled.

"Oh, gosh! I'm sorry, I didn't know you were tired, I could've postponed it to another day!"

"It's quite alright, I like hanging out with you anyways," I slurred lazily. I sounded like I was drunk when it was evident that my energy was depleted.

"Duh, you do, if not you wouldn't be my best friend."

"That's not entirely true," I laughed.

"So, you mean I'm not you're best friend?" She gapped, then pouted.

"What if I say that your statement is true?" I smirked.

"Jayden Carter. You better not be serious," she warned.

"Of course, I wasn't serious. I would never say you're not my best friend, come on. Where's your trust in me?" I teased.

"Well, it's not that I don't trust you. It's because everything is getting a bit suffocating for me these days," she said, softly.