Chapter 9: The Nerd's Still Alive

Sydney's P.O.V.

I roamed around the rowdy school halls and that was it. Where I was turned back into the reality and not living with harsh cruel imagination I've been floating in for the past few days.

I vowed, no more love, no more falling for someone.

"Ew, did you hear about that slut? Disgusting," someone snapped me out of my cogitation.

"Slut," some random girl coughed.

"Do you know the rule whereby two negatives make a positive? Well, you're somehow flouting that rule, a rebel. More like two negatives making a bigger negative," another girl cackled annoyingly.

"Oh my gosh, hey Sydney!" Kiela said, standing in front of her cheerleading team who are also her minion gang, arms folded in front of her purposefully-shown cleavage.

"That outfit suits you. There's a specific word that suits it, just like you!" She cheered.

"Ready, girls?" She commanded, dropping her hands to her hips.

"U-G-L-Y, that's what you are, that's your name!" The cheerleaders and Kiela said in a unison.

I groaned, and dodged past them and the booing crowd and headed to my locker.

I felt like this is the life I had to live. The repeated life, with the same shit everyday I'm tired of. Of course, standing it wasn't an issue but as far as I knew, I was bothered Damien's girlfriend didn't know about what he did to me and what I said to him. She might've suspected, but she wouldn't know.

And I despised that name that ran across my mind, Damien. I inner-gagged at the thought of him. I just hated him. He was nice for a few days, but that was all a fake act I fell for. I wonder why I haven't come up with a brilliant idea to just get back at him, shouldn't nerds be ingenious?

I shook at thought of Damien, nerds and cheerleaders who wore skirts like they were panties. One more month. Just one more month and I can escape from this prison, though, I'd prefer to live in a prison than stay here.

When I slammed my door shut, someone was leaning on the lockers next to me.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey, Jay," I said, letting out a breathy sigh without looking at him.

"It's not going to stop isn't it?"

"No. Everything's still the same as it is, and I'll have to keep pretending like a helpless hopeless fool," I gave a sad smile.

The bell rang and I jumped. I was so sucked into my own thoughts, I didn't even know time was up.

"I guess I better go," Jay said.

"Yeah."

"But Syd?"

"Yeah, what?"

"I'll be here. I'll be here when you're feeling hopelessly empty and lonely. I'll be here," Jay said with a secure smile.

"Thanks," I smiled back.

"I'll find you later," he said before turning around and heading off to class.

I sighed.

I headed off to the library since it was a free period for me. I feel my heart anchoring my body, pulling down my emotions, drowning me in suffocating pain. I don't know why, but it hurts so bad. Damien doesn't belong to me, yet I crave for his presence when I'm still mad at him.

Just then, I bumped into someone buff, definitely not a girl.

"I'm terribly sorry..." My voice trailed off when I looked up and saw who I bumped into.