Chapter 14: Sherlock Holmes With No Watson

Damien's P.O.V.

I paced around my room, walking back at forth, front and back. I sighed and sat myself back in my seat and propped my chin in the palm of my left head with my elbow on my white aborite desk. I looked down at my grid paper and blinked for several moments.

It was until the moment I read what I wrote on the paper, that I knew I was telling the truth, even to myself.

Sydney.

Sydney Addison Harper.

Harper.

I wrote that, the only those few words, on my grid paper instead of figuring out how to do my homework.

Am I really in love with her? Am I that devoted to think about her every second I'm conscious? No, wait. I'm more devoted than that. I think of her when I encountered any nightmares- creepy, I know. But that was the only thing I was capable of doing- being foolishly in love with a girl that doesn't like me.

My phone rang, snapping me out of my reverie. I gulped when I saw the caller ID. Well, it's the best moment to call me.

"Baby boo!" My girlfriend chirped across the line. Seriously, what's with all those nicknames girlfriends give their boyfriends?

"What's up babe?"

"Yeah, I was thinking, could you come to the mall off 7th Av.? I want to pick something up and I think you should come along with! We can have lunch together!"

What's up with all the sudden attachment? I mean, she was always as clingy but she sounded way different and she seemed attached to me differently- it was significant.

"Yeah, sure. When?"

"Are you free now? Now's a good time too!"

"Sort of, just finishing off a little homework. It's okay, I'll be there, give me 15 minutes," I said, sounding enthusiastic.

"Okay! Love you lots!" She said happily before making a kissing sound across the line- her usual habit.

"Love you too," I replied before hanging up.

Now, I realized that having a girlfriend like Kiela, a high-maintenance cheerleader, was not so much of a good choice. Of course, it wasn't the choice I had. What drew me to her before, I don't know but how's it possible to be liking two girls at once?

Man slut, my inner voice commented.

What, no. I'm not a man slut. Just that Sydney was everything I couldn't have and as for Kiela, like I said, I don't know what drew me to her.

A sudden pang of remembrance about the switching of my pills came into my mind. Who was that idiot? I had solemnly vowed myself that I would find that bastard and literally make a misery out of that person's life.

I began to realize that I had no friends whatsoever, true friends, that would stand by me. Unlike Sydney who has Jayden who is absolutely crazy about her. At this rate, she's probably going to fall in love with him too.

Great. I'm such a lucky boy!

Whatever it is, I'm going to be my own Sherlock Holmes and solve my own mystery without Watson.

***
"Babe!" Someone exclaimed from behind.

I turned around to see Kiela holding half a dozen of bags; one hand held four, another held two. Typical Kiela.

"Sup!" I smirked at her as she made her way around the circular table and sat opposite me.

She dropped her shopping bags on the chair next to her. She smiled and waved her hand at the waiter in a grey v-neck tee.