Chapter 15: What If

Chapter 15: What If
Jayden's P.O.V.

Anxiety and nervousness blew up my systems and my nerves tingled like they were being tickled by fine bird feathers.

"Lighten up, Jay," Sydney requested," Gosh, you're so nervous, you're making me nervous." She laughed lightly.

I chuckled along with her, and though I meant no unnecessary sarcasm, it seemed to be only made purely out of it.

"Sorry," I bit my lip and gave her a sad look.

Sydney's P.O.V.

Total astonishment blew my insides and I couldn't feel more nervous to answer that. It's like my stomach has flipped inside out.

"Sorry," Jay bit his lip and gave me a sad look nervously. He rubbed his left hand at the back of his neck and stood there, still pigeon-toed. How is he so adorable sometimes? I can't even manage to look half as adorable and I'm a girl. What the hell.

"You know, what if I said no?" I played around playfully.

Jay stood there wide-eyed and seemed thunderstruck and astounded. Not that he thought it was good anyways. My statement seemed like it was close to a 'no' and I was on the verge of cracking up with laughter but I had to stay strong. At least once in my life because if I surpassed to stay strong even though I'm doing it for a small joke, it would be a milestone for me.

"Then I'd be really sad," he pouted, giving me the look that I could never resist for the past years I'd known him. THAT CUTE AS FUCK POUT. Oops.

"Aw, someone's sad," I mimicked him, pouting. I probably mimicked him with every angle of the pout right, the correct width of the pleading puppy eyes and practically, I looked like Jayden. Pfft, I wish. Wait. Did I just wish that I was my best friend? Such a creep.

"No, but seriously, think about it?" He gave me a pleading look, almost like he was begging me. And I could've sworn he had never been that desperate.

"Do you seriously want to go to the prom with me?" I chuckled. That was a question made out of solid, totally concrete seriousness but then that would be such a creepy thing to do. It'll sound like I was desperate, as hell. Heck, I'm already creepy enough.

*Back to Jayden's P.O.V.*

"Do you seriously want to bring me to the prom?" She asked, chuckling lightly as she fumbled in her pocket.

Yes, I want to bring you to the prom like dead serious. Okay, I've been in love with you for like I don't even know, what feels like eternity, and I'm just dying for you to love me back because I swear the only person that keeps me rooted to sanity is you.

"I mean, I thought it might be fun to go with you. You know, it's a whole new thing and it's a different thing for well, the both of us. I get to be in a tux and you get-"

Just then, I felt someone lunging forward and kissing my right cheek. What the fuck.

"I get it," she laughed, "Yes, Jayden."

"What?" I question.

Hold the fuck up. What did she just say and what did she just do? What the fuck is going on, holy shit, what the fuck.

"I'd go with you, Jay," she giggled as she wrapped her arms around me tightly. Reason 1927374648 why I love her.

"Are you serious?"

"Would you want me to not go with you then?" she asked.

"No, no! No! I was just so surprised you'd say 'yes'."