Chapter 13: One Question, Two Answers

Chapter Dedications:
FlowerCrownJimin
-----
Chapter 13: One Question, Two Answers
Jayden's P.O.V.

"We're here!" I announced.

"Oh, thank you, finally," Sydney said, relieved and thankful.

I chuckled lightly. I had granted her permission to eat her lunch before it got cold and greasy since I practically already blindfolded her. At least, I was kind enough not to replace her barbecue sauce with Tobacco sauce. Yes, I bought Tobacco sauce coincidentally- not really. I would've and I could've but I didn't. I'm such a saint.

She shoved her finished drink into the paper bag that was filled with only crushed tissue papers and empty boxes and extended her arm to give it to me. Of course, she was extending her arm in the wrong direction. I grabbed it from her and stopped the car ignition and immediately, the car coughed out its last bit of energy before it completely died down.

Sydney started lifting her hands aimlessly, tapping the dashboard and lightly traced her fingers on it, trying to find the knob.

"Jay," she said, feeling flustered and frustrated," Can I please take this off? It's killing me, it feels like I'm a blind."

"I'll guide you, hold on," I pushed the button that released my seatbelt and it retracted towards the side. I opened the car door, closing it with a light slam before walking over to Syd's side and opening the door for her.

"Here," I said, holding out my hand so I could guide her.

"Here what?" She laughed.

I pulled her out, shut the door and locked my car. I draped my arm around her shoulder and she hugged my waist for support. Please tell me she couldn't feel my pulse right now; it was exploding. My cheeks flushed and I have never felt so glad for blindfolds, I swear.

"Oh my god! Where are we going?" She giggled.

Can she stop being so adorable?

"You'll see," I smirked.

"I can see a smirk creeping on your cheeky face."

I froze, her sentence completely wiped the no-longer-existent smirk off my face.

"What?" I panicked.

"Relax, panicky-pants. I know you too well. Besides, it feels like an abyss to my eyes wearing this blindfold. It's like not even a tiny bit of light can penetrate through this cloth, what's it even made of?" She laughed.

I stopped walking, stood in front of her and held out two fingers.

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Sixteen," she answered.

"Sixteen?" I felt puzzled.

"It means I can't see, you dumbass," she laughed again.

I sighed in relief.

"Almost there," I whispered as we continue walking on.

A grand gesture, I reminded myself. Everyone loves grand gestures, right? I tried to remind myself that I had planned a grand-enough gesture and finally grew some balls to confront this idea.

I took a held my breath, cutting off any flow of oxygen entering my body before exhaling and breathing once more.

This is it, Jayden.

Fate.

Woah, since when did I say that word? It's one question with two different answers, a heart-warming 'yes' and a heart-stabbing 'no'. Ah, screw it, let's just get this over with.