Chapter 22: Cream Face

Sydney's P.O.V.
"I'll be fine," I reiterated.

"I don't know it's your bully," he mumbled and looked at his feet as he tapped his foot in a beat.

"Hey," I said, putting one of my hands on his and using my other to lift his chin so I could look into his bold eyes, "I promise, if anything goes wrong, I'll call."

He looked at me with a one-sided frown before trashing his doubts and uncertainties away with a smile,"Alright. I'll fly here, as fast as possible. And if he touches even one-"

"Don't worry too much, panicky pants. You know I never break my promises." I interrupted and ended with a smile that spread across my face, ear-to-ear.

"Okay, potato chip," he teased.

I leaned in closer to him and stared at his eyes blankly. He stopped chuckling and stared back at me, reflecting my expression.

I squeezed his cheeks and shook his face from left to right.

"Ouch, hey!"

"You're going to give me my potato chips when you pick me."

"If," he corrected. I punched him in the shoulder at his joke.

"You're already forgetting that if you don't pick me up, I'm crashing at my bully's house." I frowned.

"Yep, okay, I'll definitely pick you. In fact, I can pick you earlier and then-," he said in a fast speed.

"See ya!" I interrupted as I got out of the car and closed the door.

He gave me a fake sad face at me through the window and I shrugged and did a side smirk. He waved at me like how my mom waved at me when I first entered pre-school.

I waved and gave him a smile before he drove away. I spun around rolled on my heels as I held a small piece of paper in my hand.

Apartment 154, South Place. This should be this one then.

I stood in front of a lofty high-rise white big block that looked like it scraped the sky. It had a modern look, as if it was built just recently.

I took the elevator to the 11th floor where I was greeted by an empty but big hallway. There was a red carpet, I swear, it didn't feel like how I expected it to be when you walked on one to the Oscars'.

72. 74. 76.

78! This is it, I made it without coming across someone suspicious or cantankerous! I buzzed the doorbell and heard a click after 2 seconds.

Then, came another click. I heard someone shuffling behind the white timber door. The door unlocked as I looked up to see a pretty girl that looked like in her late 20s or early 30s.

"Ah, yes?" She said in a feminine voice.

"I'm Sydney? Sydney Addison Harper? Damien's expecting me."

"Why, yes! Do come in! She pushed the door open wider and gestured me to enter.

I smiled and nodded as I entered to see an appointed furnished living room. I walked through the halls as I felt the carpeted floor beneath, that only comforted my feet. I turned a corner to look around the living room.

"Yo, sup," someone said.

I spun around and behind me stood a Damien Blake wearing a black basic shirt that had the words 'Gone Tomorrow' printed in white. He stood behind a kitchen bar and sipped a can of Sprite.

"Geez! You scared me!"

He ignored my statement by offering a drink that I just shook off politely.