Season 4: episode 6 ''Triumph of evil'' (Part 1)

''Doing well boys!'' Izzy yelled, laughing as she watched Jace and Simon train like there was no tomorrow. Right as Jace called the win on Simon, Alec burst through the door, making all three of them look his way. ''Alec? What's wrong?'' Jace asked, moving the stick away from Simon, who then used it to his advantage, knocking him over by planting the stick right behind his legs. He landed on the ground. ''Seriously, Simon? That's cheating,'' Jace said, getting up off the floor.

He noticed how worried Alec looked, putting a hand on his shoulder. ''You look like you've seen a ghost, what's wrong?'' Alec noticed he seemed less heartbroken than he did only hours earlier. He couldn't have forgotten about her too, did he? It didn't make sense to Alec. Why was he the last person to remember her? Was it because he had seen her last? Or was she genuinely just a friction of his imagination, and had she truly never existed?

''Alec?'' he heard Jace ask, looking over at him. ''Nothing, it's nothing.'' He turned around, looking right at Simon. ''Fray, does that ring a bell?'' he asked Simon. He was the one who had known her the longest, if he didn't remember her, then— ''No, can't say I have,'' Simon interrupted his thoughts, ''why?'' Alec shook his head, and left the training hall without saying anything else.

Clary landed in Edom, being harassed by hundreds of demons surrounding her. ''Get away!'' she yelled, using her hands to shield herself. They came closer, one of them touched her hair, taking a strand of her hair with him. Staring at it flying away with it, she felt this sudden power inside of her boiling up. And once it had reached the surface, she shot sunlight out of her hand as she had before. She had no Runes or a Stele, but it worked.

She gasped once she saw the demon crashing down on the ground, looking at her hand in disbelief. ''How did I do that? I'm... I'm not a Shadowhunter anymore. The Angels took away all my powers and...'' She heard footsteps behind her, turning around, raising her hands right at the person standing behind her. Lilith laughed, raising her hands in the air. ''Calm down, Clary, I come in peace. No need to burn me like you burnt my precious baby.''

She didn't let her hand go down, suspicious of Lilith's intentions. ''Why am I here? Why did you let me come here?'' Lilith smirked, walking closer to Clary, circling her. ''Why not? I thought you might want to return to the place your brother used to call home for many years.'' Clary followed her movements, circling the same way Lilith did, not losing sight of her once. ''What do you want from me?'' Lilith stopped moving, stopping right in front of the burnt demon. ''You know why you managed to do that? Why you could use your old powers?''

Clary scoffed at her. ''I think I've got a pretty good idea.'' Lilith smirked, crossing her arms. ''Do enlighten me.'' Clary still had her hand raised in the air, eyeing her. ''You let me break up with Jace so you could break the bond that tethers us together. If not a potion, then this way.'' She nodded, seemed impressed. ''That's indeed one part of my plan, yes. But oh, you foolish child, if only you knew more.'' She snapped her fingers, sending them back to her home.

Clary looked around, knowing she had been there only a year ago, saving Izzy from burning to death. ''I can't believe you still live here,'' she said, looking at Lilith, ''and that you're still alive.'' Lilith laughed, walking around. ''You really think you can kill a demon as powerful as me? I guess Jonathan did have the brains out of you two.'' Clary rolled her eyes, looking at her hand which was now down. ''Tell me why my powers work here? Is it part of the deal you've made with the Angels?'' Lilith smiled. ''I knew you'd figure it out eventually. Only took you three minutes.''

Clary gasped, looking directly at Lilith. ''You want to use my powers...'' Lilith nodded, smiling brightly. ''Correct. Do you really think I'd just make you break up with Jace and make a deal with the Angels for fun? No, you stupid child, this is all part of my bigger plan.'' She snapped her fingers, a burning crown appeared on top of Clary's head. The ends of it found their way into her skull, making her scream. She tried to get it off, but the demonic power was too strong.

''Don't worry, it's only my way of taking full control of you and your powers. You see, the deal I made with the Angels, considering you're no longer a Shadowhunter, is that they'd give you to me and wipe you from existence. You know, just like they wiped your memories. You'll become a demon, all Angel blood within you is gone now. But don't worry, I'll take good care of you.'' Clary screamed louder, falling to her knees. ''Jace... will remember me... our love... is... the strongest...'' She couldn't finish her sentence. Her eyes went fully black. The real Clary, had died.

Alec rushed into his office, beginning to look through various documents. Magnus followed in after him, looking at his husband. ''I don't know what's wrong, but you're acting really weird,'' he said, putting his hand on Alec's shoulder, who pushed it away. ''Not now, Magnus.'' Magnus seemed hurt, though he nodded. ''Okay, I'll leave you to whatever it is that you're doing. You know where to find me.'' He left the office, closing the door behind him.

Alec yelled out of frustration, throwing multiple documents onto the floor as he couldn't find anything. He didn't even know what he was looking for, but was hoping he'd find it by accident. Yet he found nothing. ''This can't be happening; she must be real... she has to be.'' He remembered everything that happened with her. The death of her mum, Luke getting injured to which Alec had lent his power to Magnus, her demonic brother who almost destroyed the world. That couldn't be made up. It had to be real. And he wasn't gonna rest until he'd find evidence. Evidence of Clary Fairchild's existence.

To be continued...