Season 4: episode 8 ''Memory found''

Alec looked at Magnus' hands still hovering above the two, sighing as he sunk back down in his pillow. ''Sorry, I... I didn't mean to yell like that.'' Jace nodded, putting a gentle hand on Alec's shoulder. He knew what it felt like to not be right in your own mind, and he didn't wish those kinds of feelings upon anyone else, let alone on his Parabatai. His brother. ''Alec, listen,'' Magnus said, slowly lowering his hands, ''we need to find out who this 'girl' is that you keep going on about. I can't stand to see you in so much pain. It... it hurts me more than you'll ever know.''

Alec saw the sadness in his husband's eyes and took his hand. ''I know, and I'm sorry I made you worried, that I didn't tell you this sooner. I do want to get to the bottom of this, but I just don't know how. I don't know how, Magnus.'' Magnus hugged Alec, rubbing his back. Jace stared at them for a couple of seconds before getting up and walking over to the apartment's window. There was something he couldn't shake off after entering Alec's mind. He swore he had seen the vague image of a red-haired girl hidden away in his mind, but he couldn't look further before being pushed out.

Jace got a massive shock in his brain, falling to the ground. Alec jumped up, rushing over to him. ''Jace?'' It was different than Alec's episode. He had a big one, and Jace had smaller ones as if someone kept repeating whatever it was trying to tell Jace. Magnus wanted to jump in, but Alec shook his head. He knew what he and Jace had tried before, and took it upon himself to grab Jace's hand and focus on their bond to try and experience the signals Jace was going through.

''Don't you remember how we infiltrated the Queen's party to try and kidnap her? You convinced me Jace was on our side while we tried to regain what was rightfully ours. And he wore this Seelie ring we didn't know about.''

Neither recognised the voice saying this, but both opened their eyes at the same time hearing Jace's name. And again, in combination with Izzy. ''What does my sister have to do with this? When were you two on a bridge together?'' he asked Jace, who didn't remember either of the events. Clary being gone meant Jonathan's memories were gone too. ''I, I don't know, I... I don't remember any of that,'' he said, looking up at Magnus who tried to force a barrier on Jace too.

''Wait,'' Jace said, looking at Alec. ''Did you... did you see that boy's face just now? The one with red hair?'' Alec nodded, wondering if the lady that kept telling him to look for a girl had actually meant a boy. Then again, why did he remember that girl's face and not this boy's face? ''I... I was fighting on a bridge with... with a blond guy,'' Jace said, trying to recall the event, ''he was... he was glamoured, he... he was someone else.'' Magnus looked at Alec's hand connected to Jace's, closing his eyes to try and see what Jace was seeing right now.

''Izzy, she... she came over to me with her whip and then... then you came with this red-haired... girl...'' Jace's eyes snapped open, looking at Alec. ''That's the girl's face I just saw in your mind. That's... our images match.'' He got up, letting go of Alec's hand. ''I was hurt, he had punctured my... my lung, I believe? And I was... I was lying on the chair and she... she used her stele to activate my Iratze rune and... and she said she was scared of losing me.'' He turned to Alec; his eyes filled with tears. ''I think... I think I loved her.''

Clary looked at the chains around her wrists and ankles, chained to the wall. She could barely contain herself and her anger, thrashing and spitting all she could. ''Let go of me! I wanna murder him!'' she yelled, trying to break free. ''He's a threat! I need to eliminate him!'' Lilith marched over to her, pointing an accusatory finger at Clary. ''You need to shut your mouth! He'll find you if you keep screaming like this!'' Clary scoffed, leaning closer. ''That's exactly why I'm doing it! I want him to find me! Now unchain me and let me finish the job!''

Lilith sighed, walking away from Clary who kept thrashing about. As she stopped in her tracks, she slowly turned around. ''I guess I've found the reason that'll fuel your hatred,'' she said, smirking. ''Saying that boy's name... and I've got myself the best creation I've ever made.'' Clary snorted angrily, flames coming out of her nose. ''What do you mean? Why does it hurt me when he says that name?'' she asked, her anger slowly subsiding. The fact that Lilith said it like that, meant she knew more than she let on. ''Who is he?'' she demanded, looking at Lilith smirking at her. ''Just... someone who broke your heart, dear. That's why you're so angry.''

''Someone who... broke my heart?'' She thought really hard and long on that, and yet she couldn't find the memory associated with that. The anger was slowly leaving her body the more she thought about it.

''I think... I think I loved her.''

She looked up, then around her. ''Who said that?'' she asked, hearing it as if that person was standing right next to her, whispering those words into her ear. ''There's no one here,'' Lilith said confused. It took her a few seconds to realise there had been a breach. ''Jonathan...'' she hissed. ''He's breaking the seal... he's breaking the veil.'' She looked at Clary. ''Not to worry about your brother, I'll deal with him once and for all.'' She turned around, ready to disappear, when Clary yelled, ''no, wait!'' She stopped in her tracks. ''Don't go all soft on me now, dear. You wanted him gone a minute ago.''

''I... I know, but...'' Lilith realised what had just happened. Memories were being restored. Jonathan was a lot more powerful than she imagined him to be, now that he was purified. He was jeopardising her plans. ''Listen, he's manipulating you, that's why it was hurting you. Focus on the pain he caused by what he told you. That's not what brothers should do, right? Hurting their sister?'' A tear rolled down Clary's cheek as she remembered the face of a blond boy, a boy who was wounded on the bridge, a boy she was crying about thinking she could've lost him. A boy she kissed.

Lilith recognised the shift in Clary's eyes, knowing she had no time to lose. She had to eliminate Jonathan to fully erase Clary's memories, to make her obedient to her orders. She disappeared, leaving Clary behind who screamed her name at the top of her lungs. She had to warn Jonathan, she had to protect him. He was the key to her memories. She tried resurging the anger she felt earlier, but it had fully subsided. ''Think, Clary, think...'' Thinking about the boy no longer angered her, and neither did thinking about her brother. ''Lilith...''

Thinking about how Lilith had hurt her brother more than once, how she had hurt the blond boy, how she had hurt the vampire boy... It fuelled her anger to rise up again. Her whole body caught on fire again, burning the chains away as if it was child's play. She hovered in the air, focusing on where Lilith had gone. But there was no connection, she had just broken it by burning down the chains that kept the last bit of connection Lilith had on her. Thinking about her brother, she regained the connection she used to have with him, going into the air with enormous speed, praying she wasn't too late.

One name kept playing in her head, and it kept her going the entire time she was trying to find her brother. ''Jace... The boy I kissed... his name... is Jace.''

Jace looked at Alec as tears ran down his cheeks. ''Clary... the girl I, I love... her name is Clary.''

To be continued...