Chapter 3 - Arriving

It's been about an hour of sitting in Calum's car just having casual conversations and singing along to songs.
"So what's your line of job? I was never told" I asked him. His eyes widened. I didn't want him to know I was a fan so I obviously pretended I didn't know.
"You don't know?" He asked me. I just shook my head no.
"Oh well damn , I'm in a band" He answered.
"Like proper? Or like a garage band" I laughed.
"Proper" He said and then grabbed his phone. We were at a red light so he had enough time to change the music to his bands song. He played Babylon.
"5 Seconds Of Summer?" I read from the car screen.
"Yup and that's me singing , the whole song." He laughed , god I was lowkey obsessed with his laugh.
"Oh my god , my younger sister was obsessed with you guys...you had that underwear song didn't you" I laughed , I was speaking truth here , my sister was obsessed with them.
"Yeah "she looks so perfect" I'm surprised you didn't recognise me then" He spoke.
"You look different now though. I swear you used to be all lanky and I remember you had a quiff or something" I said. Wow I was kinda good at hiding the fact I was a fan.
"Yea so you do kinda know my band" He laughed at the fact I mentioned his quiff.
"Yea I might know some of the older songs since my sister played you guys on repeat 24/7" I laughed.
"Damn if only she knew her big sister was sitting in the car with a member of her fave band" Calum laughed.
We had a small conversation about music before he pulled up to McDonalds.
"I hope you're hungry" He spoke. I just nodded and said "kinda starving".
He ordered a big mac meal with a side of chicken nuggets and I got a bacon mayo chicken burger meal. I offered to pay but of course Calum was stubborn and wouldn't let me. We got our food and continued to drive.
"I forgot to ask..." he trailed off.
"Hm?" I was curious what he had to say.
"How old are you? Im not sure I was told" He said. Right I never did a "proper" interview where I basically stated all of my personal information and shit.
"22" I answered.
"Really? I thought you were 19-20 or something you seem much younger" He said surprised.
"Yeah I get a lot to be fair I guess" I laughed and then we continued chatting for the next hour and half.

We eventually got to Calum's house. It was ginormous. Ginormous and beautiful. I've never seen a house this big in my life.
Calum grabbed my suitcase from the back and we entered the house.
"Welcome" he said with a smile.
Suddenly I felt something licking my feet.
I looked down to see a black and white fluffy fur ball.
"That's Duke , the little rascal you'll be taking care of" Calum said. I laughed and instantly started tickling Duke. Calum disappeared for a bit , I guess he went to drop off my stuff in the guest room I was staying in.
"I think Duke likes me" I laughed when I saw Calum come back.
"That's good good" He said. I stood up and saw him just watching me, a slight smile on his face. I just smiled back.
"Right let me show you around this place" He said and started walking.
He showed me the huge living room with a giant TV, bunch of instruments and plaques on the walls, consoles and a small drunk kit in the corner beside a giant window. Next was the kitchen which was also giant. There was a black marble island table in the middle and the rest was just usual kitchen stuff.
Next was my room , it wasn't too big or small. It seemed good enough for me , also quite cozy. It had a double bed and couple of old band posters.
"Sorry you can take down the posters if you'd like to" Calum said as he saw me looking at them.
"No. I like them" I said and smiled.
"Right then...I'll let you organise your stuff and all that. When you're done you should find me in the living room" He spoke and smiled. I just nodded and he turned around and walked off.

I walked over to the wardrobe and started to take stuff out of my suitcase and placed my clothes into the wardrobe. Everything still seemed so surreal to me. I was in staying in Calums Hood house for the next couple of weeks. It just seemed insane and like a dream , I thought I'd wake up anytime now. But this was real life , my life.

I got changed into something comfier. Leggings and an oversized hoodie.
I walked into the living room to find Calum sitting on the couch with a journal in his hands writing down words. I assume lyrics. I went over and sat down beside him.
"I hope I'm not disturbing anything" I said and chuckled.
"No no feel like you're at home. I was just writing something that came into my mind" He said and then placed the journal on the coffee table.
"Thank you for this job again" I said.
"Yeah of course I'm just glad someone qualified is able to take care of Duke. He really means a lot to me" He said. And I just gave him a friendly smile.
"Well he's in the best hands"