Chapter 13 - The dinner

The rest of the day Calum and I just spent either cuddling or making out on the couch. We have watched multiple movies like Tick Tick...BOOM! We tried watching Aquaman and Black Widow but ended up making out both times. The only movies we fully watched were Tick Tick BOOM! Shutter Island and American Animals.
By the time it was 6PM I completely forgot that Brandy was supposed to come over for dinner at 7:30. But then Calum reminded me.
"Shit Brandys coming over in hour and a half" He said as he stroked my arm.
"Yeah" I answered bluntly, playing with his rings. He tapped my arm but I just ignored it. He tapped my arm again. I ignored it.
"Look at me" He said softly. I ignored him.
"Cora..." He said sternly. I ignored him and continued to fidget with his rings.
"Cora look at me for gods sake" He raised his voice. I looked up at him.
"What!" I snapped. I didn't know why , I really didn't want to meet or see Brandy. It would been so awkward, I basically stole her boyfriend.
"Why are you being like this..? Ignoring me? We just had a lovely evening and now you're acting all weird" He questioned.
"Okay so its me. Right" I stood up but then Calum grabbed my arm pulling me down right onto his lap. Our faces now inches apart.
"Cora don't do this to me" He whispered, I could feel his breath on my face. I didn't say anything and just stared into his eyes.
I didn't want him to know that I hated the idea of seeing Brandy.
"Cora speak to me" He said and grabbed my face with his hands, the metal rings cooling my face.
"I just..I .. I don't want to meet Brandy. It will be awkward" I choked out.
"Look it's fine, she told me she just wanted to talk" He said.
"Why do I have to be there?!" I asked.
"Because you're my girlfriend!" He said and he smiled to himself. Girlfriend? He never asked me to be his girlfriend.
"Girlfriend?" I questioned.
"Yes girlfriend." He smiled. I smiled too snd kissed him. Kissed him hard.
"Hmm girlfriend has a nice ring to it you know." I teased and kissed him again, biting his lip this time. His hips jerked up, making me jump.
"One more make out sesh won't hurt" He laughed and laid me down on the couch.

What was this boy doing to me.

By the time it was 7:15 Calum and I had the food ready. We just ordered some Chinese because who doesn't like a Chinese. We were too lazy to cook or more like we got distracted and little too carried away with uh..you know. Calum was downstairs preparing the table and I was in my room changing into a fair of jeans and a black t-shirt. I don't why but I felt it'd be weird if I would be wearing Cals clothes while Brandy was there. It just seemed a bit too much for me. As I was leaving my room I suddenly heard the doorbell go off. She's here.
"I'll get it!" Calum shouted and I saw him jogging up to the door. I panicked and ran through into the kitchen.
"Oh my god Calum!! I missed you so much!! Tour was so exhausting and just I hated not being able to see you!! Im so glad that phones exist though!! Hearing your voice really wasn't enough!! Jesus Calum!" I heard a high pitch woman's voice speak. I really didn't want to be there right now. She was on tour? Phone calls? Hearing his voice? What? Has he been calling her? And I didn't know about it?
"Hey Brandy...uh good to see you too" Calum said with slight hesitation.
I poked my head into the living room taking a peak at what was going on.
Bad idea. As soon as my head popped out Brandy's eyes went straight to me. Her face turned into disgust.
"Calum?" She said in shock looking up at him. She was much shorter than I thought. She was wearing a tight black red dress and a red leather jacket and a pair of converses. It looked like she was going out to a club and not a dinner with her ex and his new girlfriend.
"Right...uh...Brandy this is Cora. Cora this is Brandy" Calum said as he gestured towards me. I stepped out of the kitchen and walked towards Brandy and shook her hand.
"Good to meet you" I forced a smile and I could tell she did too as she said the same thing as me.
We stood in awkward silence before she grabbed Calum's hand and interlocked their fingers. He didn't move, he just held her hand right there in front of me. My snapped to Calum giving him a confused look. He just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. I felt my stomach drop, almost making me lightheaded. Why didn't her drop her hand? Or say something? What the fuck! Was I just a distraction while she was on tour? Was I the one being played?
Shit. I really shouldn't be here. I need to get away.
"Uh excuse me for a second" I quickly said and rather fast walked to the bathroom not even bothering to look at Calum again. I locked the door and stood in front of the sink. Staring in my reflection, I felt tears prick up at my eyes. I knew all of this was a mistake. I shouldn't have gotten together with Calum. Our 'relationship' was a mistake. I shouldn't have gotten between him and Brandy. I shouldn't have drunk so much at that party. I shouldn't have even gone to that party. I should've stayed at the house looking after Duke. You know what? I shouldn't have even take this damn fucking job! Yes it paid good and I got to meet my stupid celebrity crush who just fucking ripped my heart out of my chest and shattered my heart into hundred thousand million billion pieces.
When he told me he 'fell for me' I really did fucking believe him. Turns out all of this must've been a lie. Everything he said to me, he fucking lied. He's a fucking liar!

I dropped down to the floor and sat there curled in a ball. That was when I heard voices shouting.
"CALUM WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE? YOU TOLD ME YOU GOT RID OF HER! YOU SAID YOU FIRED HER!" Brandy shouted.
"Brandy calm down" I heard Calum say.
"NO IM NOT GOING TO CALM DOWN! YOU FUCKING LIED TO ME...ARE YOU FUCKING HER? IS THAT WHY SHES STILL HERE? ARE YOU FUCKING CHEATING ON ME!?" She screamed. And I didn't hear a response from Calum.
"ANSWER ME CALUM!" She continued.
"FUCKING HELL! YES! IM FUCKING HER! BUT ITS NOT JUST THAT! SHE MEANS A LOT TO ME! AND YOU CAN SAY SHIT ABOUT CHEATING! WHEN YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH MITCH BACK IN OCTOBER FOR FUCKS SAKE! I KNOW ABOUT IT! I KNOW! I KNOW! SO PLEASE JUST-" He shouted. I've never heard him shout before. His voice was full of anger.
"How did you find out? Fuck." She cut him off.
"Mitch told me. And there was a picture of you two that he took to prove to me that you're a fucking cheater Brandy!" He raised his voice again.
"But-but- I just..you never...everything was fine" She said.
"No it  wasn't fine! I was fucking broken! But I didn't say anything because I hated arguing with you and I so blinded by love that I thought it was an accident but then I found out about the other guys and then you went on tour and I just couldn't do it." He said his voice breaking.
"Calum...I'm sorry...please...let's try again...please" She said and I could tell that she was crying.
"No. Brandy. No more. No. I've found Cora. Her and I have something that you and me could never have. This- we're done. We're done" He said. He really just ended things between them.
"Calum no..you can't!" She begged
"Brandy get out. We're done. I never want to see you again" He said calmly.
"OKAY FINE! BUT WHEN SHE DECIDES TO FUCK YOU OVER! DON'T COME RUNNING TO ME LIKE YOU DID WITH THE LAST ONE! FUCK YOU CALUM!! FUCK YOU!! I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL!!" She screamed and then the door slammed shut. Did she really just make herself the victim? I didn't know she was such a bitch jeez.

I was still sitting on the floor. My tears now dried on my face.
I heard a knock on the door.

"Cora..please...come out...I know you're in there"