Chapter 15 - The shop.

AN : lets pretend that If You Don't know , Ghost of you, Broken Pieces and Castaway haven't been released yet lol. Anyways enjoy!

—————————————

It has been 5 months since I left LA.
Calum and the boys have been trying to contact me multiple times.
The day I got back from LA my phone kept ringing and blowing up with messages. I ended up blocking everyone's numbers except one, Sierra. She's the only one I stayed in contact with. She didn't beg me to come back like the others did, she didn't tell me how broken Calum was like the others did, she did none of that guilt tripping bullshit. She just told me to do what feels right. Yes, often she'd update me about the boys and everything but nothing to specific. Her and Luke were engaged now and I honestly couldn't be happier for them. They were true soulmates. She still wasn't sure about the wedding , she hasn't made huge plans for it. But she knew it would be soon, that made me nervous because she wanted me to go.
But anyways my life has been eventful. I got a job. A photographer. It paid decent but it was my dream to be a photographer. I just loved capturing unique moments and being able to save them forever. I haven't done much besides that.
Josie and I were still friends. When I told her about everything that happened in LA she didn't believe me at first but when I showed her pictures and videos she freaked the fuck out. She was lowkey pissed at me for leaving , she said Calum and I had 'potential' to become a power couple. I didn't believe her.
Speaking of Calum.
I downloaded social media again but I made new accounts. I often checked the 5sos accounts and all the personals. I wanted to see what they were up to sometimes.
Calum hasn't been posting much, probably the least of out of the boys if I'm being honest. He'd often post pictures of Duke or mirror pictures where he looked pretty miserable. I obviously still cared about him and I hurt me to see him looking like that, knowing it was my fault.
I tried to forget about him but it was impossible. I still had his shirt, his social media and sometimes I'd even dream about him which freaked me out the most. Sometimes when I was home alone I'd hear his voice saying my name, weird shit, I know.
He'd still try text me. I think after he found out I blocked him, I'd often receive texts from random numbers saying "i love you" , "i hope you're okay" or "please come back."
Of course I blocked the number after. I knew it was Calum because who else would want to text me saying something like that. There were times where I'd want to reply and talk to him but every time I had to stop myself. It hurt badly but I knew it was the right thing to do.

The boys just started tour. They have released an EP called 'Broken'. Ironic right? I haven't listened to it yet. There was 4 songs on it titled : 'Broken Pieces , Ghost of You , If You Don't Know and Castaway.
Josie tried to play them for me but I refused to listen. I swear that Calum was working on a song called Castaway when we were together. I didn't need to hear it because I already knew it was going to be about me.
I saw a tour announcement in the news about a week ago and guess what, they're touring the UK first. They have around 10 shows in Scotland, which is this week starting tomorrow night, in my city. They have 3 shows in Glasgow. I'm guessing Calum is hoping I show up. Speaking of -
Josie joked saying that we should go to one. I knew it would be a terrible idea. She keeps asking me if we can go but I don't think I'm able to face Calum just yet. I mean there's a low chance I'd actually meet him anyways.

See when I said I was photographer? I also got a side job at a small local music shop. I was still passionate about music but I mostly just needed the money.
Every-time a customer would enter the shop a small bell would ring. Honestly that noise was starting to haunt me.
"Hello" I said to an old lady who just came over to me with a Queen record.
"Do you think my daughter would like this?" She asked me. Sometimes I'd get the weirdest questions from customers. Sometimes I would even meet 5SOS fans who would ask me about the boys, mostly if Calum and I were dating or if we ever dated. It sucked getting recognised so that's why I decided to cut my hair and dye it brown. Surprisingly I didn't get recognised as much after that.
"Uh yea sure" I answered the old lady. She just gave me a smile and went to the counter.
I sold her the vinyl and smiled to myself.
"Have a good day!!" I shouted as she left the shop.
Then the bell rang again, alarming me that someone has entered the shop.
"CORA!" It was Josie. She'd often come and visit me to see how I was getting on. She'd visit a lot a couple months ago to make sure I was okay since I was pretty heart broken when I got back from LA.
"JOSIE" I said and laughed. She never failed to make me laugh.
"Guess what I got" She said with a large grin on her face. She was holding something behind her back.
"Huh?" I asked cocking my head to the side.
"TICKETS!" She shouted and placed 2 5SOS concert tickets in front of me. I froze. I couldn't believe her
"Josie..why? We discussed this. No more 5sos in my life" I complained.
"Cmon...I know you want to see him. You still like him. Its so obvious" Josie teased. She wasn't lying. I still cared about Calum and did have some feelings left.
"Josiee..." I groaned.
"Cmon!! It'll be good for you!! You haven't been to a show or out much! You're always busy here or with your photos!" She said, desperately.
"I don't know" I said unsure. Did I really want to see Calum? I haven't listened to their music since LA. They haven't released anything new ever since 2011 came out.

"PLEASEE!!" Josie cried out loud.
"Okay! Fine! I'll go!" I shouted. Josie smiled and came over to hug me.
"Yes!!!' I WINN!!" She cheered.
"Don't get too excited I might get suspiciously sick...when is it?" I asked.
"Tomorrow " She gave me a toothy smile.
Tomorrow?? Already? Fuck.
"Right." I muttered.
"We'll have fun! I swear!!" She said with a cheery tone.
I just forced a smile and nodded.
I needed to prepare. Mentally and physically.

After hanging out at the shop for a bit Josie eventually left. I looked at the clock to see it was 8PM. Good I'll be able to close in about an hour. I sat down on the main counter and just scrolled social media.
A specific post caught my attention. It said.
"5SOS HAVE ARRIVED IN GLASGOW!" With an attached picture of them at the airport. Fucking great.
They all looked a little different. Ashton dyed his hair black, last time I saw him it was brown. Michaels hair was still blonde though. Luke was still blonde too but Calum. He got rid of the afro and cut it to a clean mullet with bits dyed with different colours. He looked really good.
I hated to admit it. But he did. In the photo he was wearing his green empathy hoodie. I smiled to myself, thinking back to the time I wore it. It hurt to think about everything but sometimes it's hard to forget the past.

The bell rung. I jumped off the counter waiting for some old lady or man to come and ask me about cds or vinyls.
I heard footsteps walking up to the counter. I was looking at the desk trying to fix the pen cup that I accidentally knocked over.
When I looked up. I was met with a pair of brown eyes. Brown eyes that I never thought I'd see that close up again. The same brown eyes I left brokenhearted back in LA. The same brown eyes that tears were pouring out of when I said I needed to leave. Those damn brown eyes.

"Cora?"
"Calum."