Chapter 2

After Louis dropped me off at my house, I ran to the kitchen, craving a snack. No one was home and I sighed. My family and I moved to Mullingar, Ireland after my mom was promoted. She works for laywers and everything, so she usually doesn't come home until late. My dad was a police officer. He worked the night shift but some days he would go out in the morning or be stuck at work. My sister was in the sixth grade,pretty young to be by herself but where we lived was a safe neighborhood. I grabbed an apple, then headed upstairs to my room, tossing my bag to the side and walking over to my laptop. There were five emails each from my friends, and one from my ex-crush, DJ. He said he was going to come down for Spring Break and suggested we hang out. I repyled to him quickly, saying that hanging out would be a great idea and that I missed seeing him. I then finished my apple, tugging on a Black Veil Brides hoodie, slipped on my black and white converse, and grabbed my skateboard. From a distances glance, you'd probably think I'm a girly girl. Someone who loves makeup and shopping and talking about boys with other girls and gossiping and all that other prissy bitchy shit. Two words. Hell. No. I'd rather be one of the guys. I'm the girl you see skateboarding with her group of guy friends. The one who's not afraid to break a nail playing sports or the one who laughs at farting and burping contests. I may have three sisters, two of which who have their own places in America still, but that doesn't mean I was girly. That was those three. I'm like the son my father never got but in a girl version. I grabbed my cell phone and keys, then headed down to the skate park, ear buds already in place. I stopped when I reached the park and sighed for about the twentith time now. Good thing no one else was at the park. I needed to clear my mind from earlier. I had a running start before hopping on my board and skating in time with my music. It was around nine-thirty when I finally stopped skating and just sat in the grass. Thank god today was Friday because if I wasn't home by now, my mom would've killed me. I layed back in the grass, letting my mind wander to todays previous events. My fingertips brushed the bruising mark Niall had made on my neck, and I shuddered. Remembering Niall's lips sucking my neck like he was a bloody vampire excited me. Wait-WHAT! No! Bad Cody! You aren't allowed to fall in love with Niall! He's a fucking punk for god's sake! I sighed rolling over to my side.

"Vampire, eh? Is that how low my standards went now?" I asked myself.

Vampires didn't exist though to make me much more excited than I ready was though. I stood up and began strolling down the street when someone fell from the tree above me, landing perfectly on their feet. I let out a girlish scream then clear my throat. Hey, I may be a girl, but I wasn't a damsel in distress. If anything, I was the badass who got in the way. The person stood up straight from the crouched position and I could make out it was a male. Tall, handsome. That was all I could see since he was in the dark.

"Hey, baby,"he said.

I gasped. His voice was like silk, smooth and cold.

"Hey. Haven't seen you around. You new?" I asked. The boy nodded.

"Yeah. Just moved here today, in fact. You skate?"he asked, pointing at my board.

"Yup. Do you?" The boy shook his head this time, stepping into the moonlight. He was gorgeous. Pale skin that was like fresh snow, light brown hair that was falling devishly into his eyes which were a rich pale color of orange. Orange? Werid.

"Naw. But maybe you could teach me. I'm Josh, by the way. Josh Devine," Josh extented his hand and I happily took it.

"Cody. Cody Jenningson."

Josh smiled warmly at me, then cocked his head to the side.

"Well it was nice meeting you,Cody. I better head home though. Feeding time is over. See ya."

With that said and left hanging in the air, Josh turned on his heel and sprinted down the street. Feeding time? Was I going crazy? I shook my head and started walking back home, kicking rocks the whole way.