Chapter 7

"Either kill Niall or Josh?" I repeated.

"Yes."

I looked up Niall and almost cried. He was watching me with some kind of emotion hidden in his eyes and regret pasted on his face. I wanted to smooth his worry lines on his forehead away and kiss his full lips, saying everything was going to be alright. Wait! What am I saying? They're all crazy!

"I'm not going to kill either one," I stated, crossing my arms tightly over my chest.

"You have to. You must," Harry said.

I shook my head.

"Never. I'm not a murder. I'm not a vampire or witch. Josh isn't a vampire. You guys aren't vampires. And you two aren't werewolves. I'm just having a really bad dream that's continuing and I can't wake up," I tried covincing myself more than the others. This was not happening.

-Louis' POV-

As I watched my fragile-okay scratch fragile. She was like a panther- best friend refuse to believe the truth, I thought back to the day Liam and I met Cody.

~Flashback~

It was during Winter Break and Liam and I were walking past the skatepark. Then we heard a shout come from below. We turned our heads to see a girl around fourteen-fifteen skating epically, her black hair flowing out behind her. Our jaws dropped to the floor when she turned to face us, her head cocked to the side. She was gorgeous. Dark green eyes, a small round face that was pale, small pink lips that were turned into a smile. She shook her hair, laying her skateboard down before putting her dark hair into a loose bun. When she started walking over to us, I nudged Liam and we closed our opened mouths, pretty sure we looked ridiculous.

"Hi. I'm Cody. I'm new here,"the girl greeted when she was close enough.

"I'm Liam and this is Louis, my older step-brother," Liam said, sticking his hand out.

"Nice to meet you, Liam, and Louis," Cody said, her eyes bright.

"So, got any friends?" I asked, earning a slap on the back of my head from Liam.

"Ow! Li? What the hell?" I rubbed the back of my head, running my fingers through my soft hair.

"You can't just ask people that, Lou!"he said.

I rolled my eyes as I massaged my throbbing head. Cody giggled, not seeming bothered or offened by my question or my brother's and mine little sissy fight.

"It's okay, guys. No. I don't have any friends. But can we be friends?"

Liam and I nodded, smiling.

"Well, wanna come hang out down at the movies? That's where we were heading anyway," I suggseted.

"Plus, it's getting cold out," Liam said, pulling the thin jacket he grabbed tighter around his broad chest.

I rolled my eyes again, my hand shooting out to rub his shoulder as my older brother insticits began yelling at me. Cody smiled, and we began walking down to the movies, talking and sharing each other's heat. That's when Niall came out of no where, and told me not to hurt her, that she was special. I could immediatly he was a vampire just by getting a whiff of him. My nose scrunched up as the cold, sweet scent tickled it as Niall breathed in my ear. I growled, my claws itching to be released but I refused, nodding. That's how Cody came into our lives, with a vampire stalking her every move.

~End Of Flashback~

I shook my head, and turned my attention to Cody, who was still sitting on the blankets, her legs and arms crossed, head down.