Chapter 17

a/n- ayooo finished my first semester of college thats wild

You raised an eyebrow as North grinned and looked back and forth between the two of you.

"What? No!" You shook your head furiously, "We're not going on a date-"

"You ask if you and Jack can go out? Alone?" North hummed, and you groaned. "This is not a date?"

"We're going to practice her...powers." Jack mused. He was trying to help with your elaborate lie but was clearly enjoying North's statements.

"Ah, yes, sure!" North clapped his hands together. He slowly began walking to his office before turning on his heels, narrowing his gaze to Jack. "If anything happens to her, I will kill you." After a few seconds of staring at Jack's, who gulped at the sudden change of character, North beamed and moved into his office, closing the door behind him.

I can't believe that actually worked.

You smirked, "You heard him, Jackson."

Jack huffed, rolling his eyes and tossing the snow globe in his hands up and down, "Yeah, yeah." You began to send another remark his way, but he cut you off by citing your home town and throwing the sphere to the tiled floor. You furrowed your brows as you stared through the portal before feeling a sharp push to your back, tumbling through.

You landed face first into a pile of snow, sputtering out the fluffy substance and turning towards the way you came. "What the hell, dude?"

Jack whistled a tune of his own, smoothly jumping through before holding a hand out to you. "Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy."

God tests me everyday.

You grabbed his hand, tugging him down to meet you at the floor before shoving a fistful of snow into his face. You giggled loudly, standing up on your own and beginning to walk.

Wait, I have no idea where I am going.

You sheepishly turned to Jack, who was still dusting himself off. Noticing you had paused, he chuckled, "Lost, Sweetheart?"

You drummed your fingers on your waist, "Huh, that's so funny. It's almost as if I forgot literally everything."

"Crazy!" Jack shook his head playfully, flying up and landing next to you, "I could have sworn you were going to come here on your own just a few hours ago."

You rolled your eyes, following him as he began to stalk towards town, "Your a real jokester, aren't you?"

~•~•~

You stood in front of the tomb that read your name.

Déjà Vu is wild.

You chewed on your lip, before sighing. "Jack, can I, uh... have some time alone?"

The boy who stood twiddling his staff jumped at your words. "Leave you? Not in a billion years." Jack waved you off, eyes grazing back to your headstone. After a few moments, he realized were you still staring at him and nodded. "Yeah, yeah, okay." He took a deep breath, "If you need me, uh, holler?"

You grinned, "Lets hope your Frost Tingles let you know if anything bad happens."

"Hardy har."

Your back was turned as he left. Jack stopped, watching you for a handful of seconds before eventually flying off. Hearing the woosh of wind informed you off his exit and you relaxed, falling to the snowy floor.

"What do I do." You questioned, "Why did you bring me here?"

As expected, no one answered.

You leaned on to your back, watching the blue skies and flocculent clouds drift through the atmosphere.

This is so stupid. I'm going to get my self killed.  

"(Y/n)?"

You sprung forward, landing on your knees before swiftly spinning and holding your hands up in preparation to fight.

A tall, slender boy with tan skin and long dark hair gawked at you in amazement. You slowly stood, hands still up in front of you.

"Who are you?" You stuttered, "How do you know me?"

The boy took a shaky breath, planting on a beam, "You're alive?"

When he took a step forward, you tightened your hands into fists. "I asked you a question."

The boy crumbled slightly at your glare, rising his hands as a form of peace. "It's me... Keith."

"You know, (Y/n)." The boy said, his arm wrapping around your shoulders, "I think I like you."

The version of you sent him a perplexed look before shaking your head with a small smile, "You don't even know me."

"I know enough to know that at some point I want to make you mine."

You nudged the boy, "Shut up, Keith. We're going to be late to class."

Your hands fell to your sides, "Ho-ly cow. You're that one guy."

As soon as your limps loosened, the boy grew at ease, "That one guy? I'm sure you would remember me as more than that by now, Darling."

You quivered, "I don't-"

"-How are you alive?"

His question stunned you and you gaze landed on the ground. After a moment of pondering, you shook your head, "I'm...not." When you eyes met his warm brown ones, you shook your head again. "Not really." You scowled, "I mean, I am-"

When you felt two hands on your waist, you flicked your wrists and shot out two strings of vines, quickly springing Keith to a nearby tree. He groaned, nodding, "Person space, got it."

You squeaked, whispering to yourself as you made your way over to him, "Shit, I am terrible with first impressions."

Just as you were about to pull the vines loose from the stranger, he gripped the plants and they grew a dark brown and fell limp to the floor. You jumped back, eyes widening and voice shaking.

"Pitch?"

"No!" Keith waved his hands, hoping to wave your mind free of the thought, "I'm the Guardian of Fall."

...

"What?"