Chapter 10

"I hope Jack is doing okay with getting her here." Aster tossed his boomerang between his hands, watching out the window.

"He's...he's been gone for awhile now." Tooth uttered, "Maybe we should go-"

"Jack said he knows her. He'll have her here in no time. Sure it's been a few hours..." Aster assured the fairy, "He'll...he'll be back in no time."

"What if she doesn't come with him?" Tooth asked, "What if-"

Jack landed on the floor of the workshop, his face blank and his hands shaking.

"Jack! Your-"

"Where's the girl?"

The room fell silence as Jack's hands ran through his hair, his breath shaking.

"She's-she's gone." He whispered.

"...Jack, you're scaring me-"

"She's gone and it's all my fault-I couldn't-" Jack's eyes squeezed closed as the memories continued to flood his mind.

Your lifeless eyes stared up at the sky, body sprawled out.

(you said 🤪)

"(Y/n)-(Y/n), no. No you can't do this to me."

Silent tears escaped his closed eyes, his entire body quivering. "You can't do this to her." He fell to the ground as he began to sob. Tooth's eyes widened at his shaking form. She moved to wrap her arm around him, but North placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Jack...I am so sorry." Tooth whispered, her eyes tearing up at the sight of him. "I am so, so sorry."

~•~•~

A scream echoed throughout the forest.

"Jamie?" Your mother jumped from her seat, rushing out the door, "Jamie, where are you?" Her eyes scanned the trees before the noise sounded again. She raced through the woods, following the screeches before her eyes landed on the two bodies. "...Jamie?" Jamie looked up, his cheeks stained with tears as he jumped up, sobbing as he ran to her arms. "Jamie what's wrong where's your-" Her eyes fixated on the srill form that laid on the ground. Your mother uncurled herself from around Jamie, slowly walking towards it. Her face paled as her hands began to quiver. "Is...is that my baby girl?" She opened her mouth to scream, but nothing came out by a large sob. "No, no, no, no, no. You can't do this to her. My sweet baby."