Chapter 19

a/n-
me: says i'll update every day of quarantine
also me: does everything but write

You clenched your fists around the jacket of the kid in your arms. You now sat on the snow, him practically in your lap as he held on to you like his life depended on it.

"I watched you die." Jamie sputtered between sobs, "I thought-I thought-"

You pulled back to cup his face in your hands, smiling softly at him as your own tears ran down your face. "I know." You whispered, "And I am so sorry I left you-"

You were cut off as he tugged you back into a hug. You brushed your hands through his hair, squeezing your mouth closed to conceal your cries. For minutes you held him until his whimpers faded, and Jamie pulled away, stepping back and wiping his eyes. "Sorry-"

"Don't you ever say sorry for showing your emotions, kid." You grinned, wiping his tear stained cheek. "How are you?"

Jamie frowned at your words, before shaking his head, "How are you?"

You paused, trying to find the right words.

Do I tell him? You thought, biting on your tongue. What other explanation do I have...

"I'm a Guardian." You answered, "Like Jack."

Confusion hit the boy like a truck, and he tilted his head before a wide smile fell onto his face. "My sisters a superhero?!"

You barked a laugh, standing and dusting off your pants. "Hell yeah she is." You held out a hand, and Jamie jumped up to clap his hand to yours in a high five.

"Cool." He bounced up and down before gasping, "I need to get Mom!"

Panic hit you suddenly as your brother ran off, and you froze as he ran through the door. You couldn't move as a (h/c) woman slowly walked out of the door, arms crossed to keep her warm. Though she held a straight-lipped expression, hope was clear in her eyes. She glanced around, not sparing you a second look.

"Jamie." The woman warned, turning to the short brunette who beamed at you. "What is this?"

"It's (Y/n)! She's-"

"She's not coming back." She snapped, inhaling deeply, "Stop with this nonsense. You're too old for imaginary friends."

Jamie's shoulders fell as your mom stomped back into the house, the door closing loudly. He stared at the ground, and you finally closed the gap between you both, pulling him into another hug.

"She can't see you..."

You swallowed a lump in your throat, shaking your head. "Not many people can." You kneeled down, grasping his shoulder. "But you can."

"Why?"

You didn't really know why. You weren't some celebrated man who delivered presents, nor were you a famous bunny who hid eggs. You were just you. You racked your brain for an answer, anything that made sense, but nothing did.

"Because you believe like no other."

Except for the fact, that Jamie was your brother. And deep down, he always knew you were coming back.

~•~•~

You sauntered back into the cemetery, a new found confidence in your step.

Pitch was stupid and didn't do shit about helping you gain your memory back, but someone led you to Jamie, and for that you were incredibly grateful.

"(Y/n)!"

You were yanked into a hug, two arms wrapping around your waist. You relaxed when you noticed the white, fluffy hair, sighing. "You can't just jump at someone like that, dude-"

Jack pulled away, gawking at you. "Oh, wow, sorry! Maybe don't just disappear when an evil nightmare guy is on the loose!"

You shrugged, "Fair point." Jack's tense demeanor eased and he chuckled, lightly sacking you in the head. "Hey!"

"Where were you? I was worried sick-"

"-Jamie doesn't blame you, Jack." You cut him off. "He never did."

Jack stiffened, eyes glazing over. "What?"

"That's where I was." You gestures towards the way you had came. "I somehow found my way home."

"What did he- how did he-"

"I don't know." You chucked, "I uh-I don't know."

"He told you?" Jack chewed on the inside of his mouth, and you couldn't help but pull him into your arms.

"He told me to punch you for ever blaming yourself." You felt him melt at your touch and you tightened your hold around him. "I won't punch you though, not yet."

He laughed wetly, stepping away to dry his face, "Yeah, thanks for the warning." He then sighed, "He blames himself doesn't he."

You nod solemnly, "He does."

"Stupid kid."

You punched Jack in the arm, receiving an 'ow!' in return. "Oh, shut it."

You returned to the Workshop, Jack's arm draped over your shoulder.

"Aw, the lovebirds are back!"

You didn't even spare the voice you assumed to be Aster's a second glance as you sent him a middle finger. A loud gasp sounded through the room and you chucked, but kept walking towards your room. The two of you stopped outside your door, him releasing you from his hold and continuing to his door. Once standing outside it, he turned and sent you a smile.

"Thank you for going with me today." You said, fiddling with your hands, "I needed this."

Jack leaned on his door casually. "Anything for you."

A blush spread across your cheeks, not going unnoticed by Jack, who smirked slightly.

You rolled your eyes, but grinned. "Goodnight, Jack."

"Goodnight, (Y/n)." You opened your door to step through, only to be called after. You peaked outside to see Jack beaming, "Want to sleep with me again?"

"No," You sent him a smug look when his smirk fell. "You smell bad."

"I do not!"

"Goodnight, Jack." You mused, blowing him a kiss and closing the door behind you.

Jack snorted, his ears burning red at the affectionate gesture, even if it were to tease him.

As you undressed and prepared yourself for bed, you felt something in the pockets of your pants. You dug through them, pulling out the rock glowing a soft pink. Oh yeah, that happened. You wanted to tell Jack, and all of the Guardians, about what happened, but something deep down told you it was better you kept that introduction a secret. You tossed the stone up in down in your hands before placing it on your bedside table.

Let the weird Keith guy teach you some magic? Now that didn't sound like such a bad idea. 

A/n-

AH sorry this is so short and like weird! my first day of the second semester is tmr f u college... thankfully it's online for the next two weeks so i'm still home weeeee!!! so glad my college is more liberal bc i have friends who are still having to go face to face. n e ways enjoy i love y'all mwah mwah stay safe w this whole pandemic 2.0