Chapter 2

You jogged into school and smiled as your friend walked up next to you.

"Hey, Girly!" Your friend, Molly snickered, biting her lip as you and her passed several idiotic teens. "So. Do your homework? Lol I didn't..." She pushed back her thick black locks off her shoulder as she ranted about the amount of work the school gave you.

"I didn't either." You answered her earlier question in a daze, "To..." You looked at the window and raised an eyebrow when you saw Jack waving at you. "Caught up in the snow." Molly followed your gaze and tilted her head at the empty window.

"Who you looking at? Have a crush?" She teased and squeezed your shoulder.

"Psh. Me? As if. No. Just the...um." You looked back at Jack who was blowing kisses and waving you over. You watched him for a few seconds, leaving silence between you and your friend. "I'll be right back."

~•~•~

"What the heck are you doing hear, Jack?"

He scratched his nose. "I'm looking around your school. Does Jamie go here?"

"Psh. Uh...yeah. Jamie, a six year old, goes to my high school." You teased and he chuckled.

"Hm. I totally used that as an excuse to come see you." He teased, tapping your nose, which you slapped him afterwards. You scoffed, rubbing your hands on your jacket after touching him in a dramatic manner. "Thanks for coming to see me..." He pulled you into a hug, and you slung him off and stepped to the doors.

"How 'bout you leave. You're going to make me late for math." You opened the doors, and was expecting them to slam shut after you, but it didn't. Jack sauntered through the doorway behind you with a chuckle. "Just keep walking...." You whispered, power walking to your best friend.

"What was that?" Molly asked and you tightened your hand on the strap of your bag.

"Um. I was on the phone. You know me and my relatives. Using lots of gestures. Ha. Yep!" You smiled and she raised an eyebrow.

Jack sighed as you walked off, then leaned against the wall. He was about to fly after you, but a group of people walked through him. He clutched his chest as the tingles ran through his body. It felt like his whole body had hit its funny bone. He grasped the wall to regain balance, then looked up just to see you talking to someone. A guy. Jack glowered, then walked back through the courtyard doors. Taking one last look as you blushed at the new-comer, scoffing before flying off.