28

Denki was losing his mind more and more for every day that passed. It was now Sunday, and y/n had been missing since Friday. She never came home from her internship, and Denki assumed she was taken a short time after he sent his last message to her, to which she never responded.

He had been talking with the police and the teachers at UA, and the one who was feeling the worst of them all was Present Mic. He was the one who had responsibility for y/n at the time she was taken, as she was supposed to be out patrolling with him at the time, had he not left her early. Midnight was also frantic about finding her, harassing the detectives and the other Pro heroes who she thought didn't do their investigating fast enough. 

There were no clues.

"How are you feeling man," Sero asked Denki as he went over to check up on his friend. They had all been staying in the teacher's area of UA, while all working together to try and solve the mystery of where y/n was. "I feel," Denki simply said. He didn't know how he felt, because there were so many emotions and thoughts running through his brain that we were scared he was gonna go crazy. 

He thought about all the things he never had the chance to say to her or to do with her if she were to never be found, or worse, be found dead. "I know you're frustrated or scared or just feeling big feelings right now, but y/n need to to be focused and sharp so that we can all help find her. Right?" Sero tried to reason, and Denki knew he was right. He just had always struggled with containing his feelings. Especially big feelings.

"Hey, guys? You gotta come quick. And call Midnight and Mic!" Kyoka yelled from over where the tv was. 

"Hello! And welcome to the very last show of ThunderShock, live!" a light shrilling voice filled the room as they all flocked around the tv, while Denki was frantically trying to call Midnight on his phone. 

On the tv, there were the two members of ThunderShock, and a girl tied to a chair with a potato sack over her head. They were all wearing the outfits they used to wear on stage, and they all knew that the person in the chair had to be y/n.

"So we thought that since y/n left us so suddenly, we would have the last show for you all, so you could say your last goodbyes and get some closure, that's just fair, right?" the red-head explained as she walked around the stage tapping her fingers on the instruments laid out there. 

"But first, we have a special guest here with us today, Koffing!" she motioned her hands towards the gloomy male that walked over to sit down on a chair next to y/n. "Koffing? Really, like the pokemon?" he asked her disappointed, and you could tell from his tone that he was used to her bullshit.

"Anyway, this here, is y/n Kayama, aka Nemuri Kayama's daughter," he explained just as Midnight walked into the room and froze as she looked at the tv. "Someone needs to track where this is being broadcasted from, asap!" she ordered and someone immediately left the room to make calls.

"But you all know her as Midnight!" the guy on said as he grabbed the top of the sack covering y/n's face. He pulled it off, and everyone in the room gasped in horror at the sight. Denki felt his heart stop in his chest.

Y/n was pale and her skin had a blue tone to it. Her cheeks were hollowed and her eyes had sunken further into her head and she looked like death itself. Her clothes hung loosely on her skeletal like figure and the white in her eyes almost glowed a weird blue color. 

"My quirk, poison, let's me excrete poisonous gases from my skin, just like this," he explained as he pulled back the sleeve of his black hoodie and demonstrated as a puff of blue smoke disappeared into the air. "It's very fatal but slow. Y/n had been deteriorating for two whole days now, but she still has a few days left alive."

"But, I'm here to tell my story," he pulled down his hood to reveal his face, which caused Midnight to gasp again. And they all understood why, as he looked just like her.

"14 years ago, Midnight gave birth to me, but she gave me away. She didn't want me, because she already had a child," he spat as he looked at y/n, who stared at him in complete shock. "Nemuri Kayama tossed me away to my father, who raised me in shit conditions. We barely had the money for food, while y/n and Nemuri lived in luxury due to her hero salary."

Nemuri's eyes filled with tears. "Why was I not good enough, huh?" he yelled at the camera, but Midnight felt as if he was yelling straight in her face. "I was beaten in the streets, and you," he turned to glare at y/n. "Got to tour the world and eat as much as your belly could fit."

"I hope you burn, Nemuri. Midnight. Mother!" he spat before he stood up and walked away. "Ooooo, trauma," Ace whispered from behind the camera, while Hyloww walked over to y/n. "How do you all feel now that you know the face of the ThunderShock vocalist?" Hyloww looked at the camera. 

"It's kind of funny actually, because when we were on tour, Ace and I were completely open about our identities and showed our faces, shared out names, and even shared fun facts about ourselves. Still, you all were much more interested in her," she pointed her finger at y/n. 

"We were just as much a part of the band as she was, but still nobody bothered to even remember our names. Do you know how it feels? To be bullied and called a villain and evil all your life because of your quirks, and when you finally find something that brings you joy and makes you forget about your quirk for a while, just for it to be ripped away from you?" she was yelling, tears threatening to fall from her glossy eyes.

"Well, you know what, fuck that. Fuck you all. We're taking her away from you guys, just like you all took the band away from us," she spat before turning around and ripping the gag away from y/n's mouth.

Hyloww bent down and looked her in the eyes, and calmly said in a hypnotizing voice. "Preform with us, as if you were on stage," she ordered, and y/n's face went blank. Ace and Hyloww went over to the instruments and got ready to perform, and right as they started playing, y/n was singing along as if she loved it. Tears rolling down her face.