Chapter 6

---- Nova POV ----

The following morning, Nova traveled with the Knights and Kylo on the Buzzard, talking Kylo through the weapons designs on the way to Druckenwell whilst fighting through that headache that seemingly came and went around Kylo. You had a sneaking suspicion it was him causing it, and not accidentally. Kylo had instructed you, in front of Hux, to again test the weaponry, and like you had suspected, all Blastech sites were using the same weaponry designs. The Druckenwell visit had been completed very quickly. The journey to Coruscant was to take over a day, and Kylo had again instructed you to travel with the Knights. Hux had been red in the face each time you were removed from his Transport. You wondered why, and whether this was just a way for Kylo to fuck with Hux, but you weren't upset at it. You couldn't argue with a superior,and it meant you weren't trapped alone with Hux for a full day, andgot to hang out with the Knights and party at night. You again foundyourself drinking with the Knights, and you had stopped off the night before Coruscant at a planet with taverns and pleasure houses. You had drank in the bar with Trudgen and Kylo whilst laughing at thepoor choices of where or with who the knights chose to release some steam. You shook your head, and even offered to pay, with Pryde's credits, for a better pleasure house with higher class girls but they'd declined saying they'd been here before, so you had just enjoyed drinking with Kylo and Trudgen in the main bar of the pleasure house, and mocking them as they returned one by one. It had been a lot of fun, and you couldn't remember when you last laughed that much.

Coruscant hadn't gone as you'd expected. You had finished testing the weaponry, been introduced to the board of directors, and then you were escorted by Trudgen and Vicrul for a full physical. You remembered the medical suites fromwhen you'd been there a lot as a kid. You had told Vic and Trudgen all about it whilst you waited. Everything you could have thought was tested, was, and by the time it was complete, you were sick of being poked and prodded. You wondered why it couldn't have waited until you were back on the finalizer, but here you were, walking back to the Night Buzzard with a data file in hand to give the Commander, signing you off as fit for duty. You hadn't bothered looking at it, you felt fine and hated formalities like physicals.

Kylo arrived back on the Night Buzzard shortly after you, Vic and Trudgen arrived. "Major. Did you get your physical?"

"Yes sir. Here." You handed over thedata file.

"Have you read it?"

"No?I'm assuming if I was unfit for duty or dying of something they'd have told me." You shrugged. "Should I go back to Hux's transport?"

"No, Major. I have had your things moved aboard here, Hux is aware I am having your physical done as it was due. There's a small training room aboard here. Vicrul and Ushar are going to finish your physical with a test of your ability in battle and your fitness. And then I am sure that Cardo is going to see if your liver is worthy of being friends with the Knights." Even through the modulator, you could hear his amusement.

You laughed, "Sounds like a plan. Let me go throw something comfortableon for the gym. Then I'm all yours, guys."

You headed to your quarters, and indeed found all your things were now aboard, and were unpacked neatly inthe quarters drawers and wardrobe. You wondered who had unpacked your things, especially your underwear. You hoped it was not one of the Knights. You quickly changed, and tied up your hair on top of your head in a bun so it was out of the way and made your way back to the common area. Vicrul was already waiting for you, and shortly after, Ushar appeared, and you were taken aback that he was maskless. He hadn't been what you were expecting. He had deep brown, shoulder length, messily cut hair. As if he'd merely hacked at it when it gottoo long or annoying though it seemed to fall quite nicely around his face in messy waves. He had blue eyes that bordered on grey, and a slightly graying goatee. There was a scar that went through his left eyebrow, and continued down half of his cheek, stopping a couple inches from his thin lips. He had tattoos on his hands that were also pretty scarred from fighting judging by his knuckles. He wasn't unattractive, quite the opposite. He was dressed in black sweats and t-shirt.