Chapter 7

Author's Note; This is the longest chapter I've written so far at 7000+ words. I am honestly just enjoying writing. Enjoying the interaction between Nova and the Knights. I have a direction for the story, and I am just letting the characters fill it out between plot segments. Thank for for reaching this far if you're still reading along. Please leave your comments and votes, I do very much appreciate them. Thank you for reading! - Lex

----Nova POV----

You were sat back beside Trudgen, Vicrul on your other side as you snacked on whatever sweet treats the Knights had gotten you, and drank whatever dangerous mix of booze Cardo handed you. You just blindly trusted that he wasn't poisoning you. Kylo sat and watched you, you could feel his eyes on you. But true to his word, he didn't try entering your mind again. He just sat sipping on the strange drinks Cardo put together. It was loud, but it was fun. It took your mind off your memories that Kylo had dredged from the recesses of your mind, and it made you forget about Pryde.

But what was extra distracting was Vicrul, he was sat so close to you, speaking into your ear with his lips pressed against the shell of your ear. Maybe it was the booze, but it made your skin tingle. His voice was low and husky, like he was purring into your ear whenever he said anything to you. You refused to listen to the demon inside of you that was making your skin heat up, and causing a heart beat places there shouldn't be one. You didn't know what it was, but the longer you had been around the Knights, the more there'd been flirting, filthy banter and jokes. You weren't going to start anything with the Knights, you were making friends, and they probably didn't see you that way either. They just liked the banter. They got their release at the pleasure houses, and so even if they would think that way about you, you weren't a whore, and you wouldn't be used like one. You put your heated skin and mind down to the alcohol. It was Cardo's fault. Yeah, you decided to go with that.

"You enjoying yourself, Red?" Came Vicrul's purr in your ear again.

"Yeah, I feel accomplished today." You look at him and smile.

"Good, cause looks like you're stuck with us all now, eh?"

"Yeah, I work for Ren now. Like you."

He grinned devilishly, "I'm happy about that. We're gonna have so much fun, Nove"

"I don't even want to know what a Knight of Ren considers fun."

Trudgen laughed, over hearing you and Vic, "If you have to say that, I think you have a pretty good idea, Nove. Especially after the pleasure house... and these little get togethers. All you're missing is a mission with us, and you'll completely know what Knights Fun is."

"Well... I think my fun and your fun is different." You ran your tongue piercing along your teeth, then cleared your throat, and tried to end this line of conversation. Your traitorous body was goosebumped and hot, your chest flushed.

"I don't think so," Trudgen smirked, "Bar fights, casual lovers, driving transport shuttles drunk, playing with weaponry. Sounds like a Knight's life to me, sugar." He winked at her, his lips curved into that mischievous grin again.

"Well. I'm on the finalizer now. I've not done any of that, and I intend to keep it that way. Be a good Major." You drank from your glass, with a smile, "So... You guys like the Finalizer?" Yes, change of subject. That was the way to go.

"It's a place to lay our heads." Vicrul shrugged, "More comfortable and roomy in our quarters than on the Night Buzzard, but we aren't overly fussed. You?"

"Definitely prefer it to the Steadfast. My quarters are much larger on the Finalizer. Nicer too."

"Good bed?" Trudgen smirked.