1

Present Time /Sunday

People begin and end their day by searching things on the web. They check the weather. They save time. They take care of the necessities of life. They conveniently find the information they need. And they buy and sell second-hand goods in peace.

- Is the keyboard Sold?

Yes -

The one and only tool that provides all this information regardless of the time, place and nationality is the search engine. The accumulated search volume per web portal adds up to 430 million per day. An average of 5,0o0 search words get searched every second. Each person searches the web an average of 63.8 times per day. Any Korean who use the internet is bound to search the web at least once a day.

Watermelon juice

Who models for natuur

Dior red lipstick

Incheon rice festival

Jung-Gi-Yeong found dead. He was found dead yesterday in his bathroom at noon.

Minas POV

Hearing

"And all those search words are counted in real-time. Unicons server tallies what people search the most... and what they're currently... interested in", I said.

The reporters were writing everything I was saying onto their laptops with the cameras flashing.

"I am Assemblyman Joo Seung-tae from the New Hanguk Party. As you mentioned, Uncion is Koreas number one web portal. It plays a crucial role in forming public opinion. How could a company like that manipulate search words? Uncion is no longer a private company. It has a great responsibility and duty to offer correct information to the public. Up until now, Uncion kept its sales, business profits, corporate tax, and employment information confidential because o the fact that's a foreign affiliate company. However, that won't be possible with this case. Please take a look at the screen. As you can see, it's been over 30 minutes since the hearing began. However, the real-time search words ranking hasn't changed at all. I guess you're not manipulating it today. However, six months ago during the presidential elections, four negative search words regarding the presidential candidate, Lee Uk-hyeon suddenly vanished into thin air. At Once!!", He shouted.

"Due to our algorithm, it's very common for search words to suddenly disappear".

"Then why can't you disclose the algorithm?!".

"Asking us to disclose our algorithm is the same as asking a murder to share his or her tactics. It can be misused to manipulate the real-time search words", I said calmly.

"It seems like your company is the one that's missing it. The internet is a place where an elementary school kid should be able to have argument with a professional on equal terms. It shouldn't hold prejudice against peoples age, social status, gender, race, or educational background! It is where people should be able to share their opinions freely! It should be the most neutral and the most diverse place. Thats what the internet is!".

"I see", I said.

"Ms Myoui Mina let me ask you one more time. Please give me an honest answer. Did you or did you not manipulate the real-time search words?".

I brought the microphone stick closer to me.

"At Uncion... the real-time search word ranking .... is fabricated".

People start whispering and I just stayed calm.