Chapter 14 : New Opportunities

The next day at school, I saw Taylor. She was walking to her history class. I caught up with her. She was happy,

"You know what?" She smiled.

"What happened?" I said.

"Well, at Rikki's Cafe the singing job is open." Taylor said happily.

"That's so cool! Your going to apply?" I asked.

"No, but I thought you might want to."

"I'll think about it." I smiled. "Why isn't Bella there anymore?"

Taylor shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe she got a job closer to college."

Yeah, maybe. I thought. Just then, we passed Taylor's class. "I gotta go. See you later." She said.

After school when I was on my way to Rikki's Cafe, I got a text from Niall- Hey Jessie! :) What's up?

I texted back- Just starting lunch! How about you?

Its really late here. The boys and I are about to go on stage.

Very cool! How is everyone?

There all great! Louis says hi again. Harry says, Hi wonderful Jessica. Zayn says Vas Happening. And Liam says, Hi. And I say, I miss you! -Niall texted.

Tell them I say hi. I miss you, too. Love you, Nialler!

Love you too. Only 3 more months, Jess. We gotta go on stage now. Bye.

I walked into the Cafe, I walked up to Zane. He was behind the counter looking over his employees. "Hi," I said, "I'm looking for Rikki, so I can-"

Zane stopped me in mid sentence, "I'm the owner, now. Are you going to apply to be the new singer?" I nodded. He led me into his office. He took his interview not so seriously and before I knew it I was hired. He told me my first gig would be the next Wednesday. I was excited.

I went home and finished my homework. Then, I went to the moon pool. Emma was there and she was happy. "Hey Jess." She said, happily.

"Hey," I said. "Guess what!"

"What?" Emma said.

"I got a new job at Rikki's." I smiled real big.

"That's cool! I've been wanting to go there. What Rikki said in her email made it sound cool!"

"Yeah, its so cool! Wait, you know Rikki?"

"Yeah, I also know Cleo and I'm going to meet Bella next year." Emma smiled.

"I didn't know you knew them, there so nice." I said. "So is Bella."

Just then, Taylor swam in, Emma noticed and I introduced them to each other. Then, when I was finished with introductions Emma said, "Fancy a race to the reef?" Taylor quickly nodded as we raced out of the moon pool.