Chapter 20 : Zayn coming to Prom

I was real happy Niall wanted to go to prom with me. But, i was sad about Taylor. She didnt have a date and it was nearly three weeks before prom. She hadn't had a boyfriend since she dated Mark Sanders, six months ago.

The next day I went dress shopping. I know it was later than most people but, it was okay. I went with Taylor because she was getting a dress too! She wanted a dress because even if she didn't get a date she could hang out with Niall and I.

Taylor and I entered the dress shop, amazed. It was so big and had many dresses.

A employee noticed us and helped us, "What kind of dress are you looking for, love?" She said.

"A prom dress the color of the ocean would be nice!" I thought. The employee showed us a few and I instantly saw a dress I knew I wanted. It was blue and short. I went over and got it and told Taylor I would try it on. I quickly went to a dressing room and put it on. It was so pretty! I told Taylor to come over. She gasped, "Jessie, you look like a princess!" I beamed, it felt so true. Yep, I was going to get this dress!

Taylor decided on a red dress. It looked absolutely amazing on her. After shopping, Taylor and I returned to my house. We had lunch and talked.

"Jess, you got an adorable dress. I loved it!" Taylor smiled. "What lucky guy is taking you to prom?"

"Niall," I said as I blushed.

Taylor laughed, "Of Course."

"Who are you going with?" I asked.

"No one. I'm just so ugly." Taylor frowned.

"Your not ugly! Your beautiful." I said.

"Why hasn't anyone asked me?" Taylor said. "I am going to be alone at the dance!"

"No you won't," I reassured her. "You'll be with me and Niall."

Taylor changed her train of thought, "Hey, do you think I could ask Zayn?"

"Zayn? There's no Zayn, unless-" I said. Then, Taylor interrupted me.

"Yeah, from One Direction. You know, since your going with Niall...and everything."

"I'll see if Niall could possibly talk to Zayn." I said.

"Thank you, best friend." Taylor said.

The next day, I went to Niallers flat to get Zayns number. Niall gave me the number but, warned me not to give it to a lot of people. I promised and I told him, that I would only give it to Taylor. And that I would make her promise not to give it to anyone. I put Zayns number in my phone and went Taylor's house.

"You actually got it?" Taylor beamed, happily.

"Of course, I did!" I said, as I gave her the number. "But, you've got to promise me one thing..."

"Yes?"

"You cant give anyone else Zayns number, okay?"

"Okay, Jessie. You can trust me." Taylor smiled, happily. "Thank you, Jessie."

"Your welcome. Now, call Zayn and ask him and tell me what he says later because I need to go to rehearsal."

"Okay, bye Jess." Taylor said, as she waved goodbye.

I walked on the beach, for a few minutes thinking about how great life was to me. I thought of how Niall and I first met and how I became a mermaid. It was so amazing. What could possibly go wrong?!

I walked into the Cafe and saw the band sitting at a table chatting.

"Hey you guys! Isn't today a nice day?" I smiled.

"Yeah, I suppose." Nate said, and then he stood up and looked straight at me, " Jessie, I don't know how to ask you this but, will you go to prom with me?"

"I would." Not really. "But, I already have a date." Nates face sank into saddness. "Anyway, wasn't your prom last year?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you cant take me to your prom, does it?" Nate said.

"Like I said I have a date. Now, lets start rehearsal." I tried to smile polity at Nate, knowing he wouldn't stop asking me. He glared at me while the other boys got the instruments ready and we soon started to practice, I sang:

"Sing me songs like

You wrote while I slept

Tear up the photographs

Of me that you kept"

"I will never give up hope of your return

That I will ever learn..."

After rehearsal, I went to Taylor's house and I would find out if Zayn would come to Prom with Taylor.

Taylor opened the door excitedly. I walked inside.

"Jessie, he said he would go with me!" Taylor exclaimed. "He's flying in tomorrow."

I felt happy for my friend! Zayn was going to come tomorrow and Taylor was truly happy.

"Hey, Taylor, wanna come to Mako with me?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Taylor said.

"I just feel like we should go and celebrate. You know since Zayns coming and Proms on Friday."

"Yeah, lets go. That would be awesome. Jessie you think of everything." Taylor smiled.

"Of course." I said as we headed out the door...