Chapter 23 : Graduation

I woke up the next morning, remembering today was actually my graduation. All those years of schooling, leading up to this perfect moment. I sat at the final ceremony.

Niall sitting next to me, holding my hand. My proud family sitting behind us. The other girls were in the crowd, too. Taylor and her father sat on the front row. Soon, the diplomas were being given out. I waited anxiously for my name or Taylor's to be called.

My headmistress was calling out the names, "Taylor Adams." I stood up and clapped for my best friend. The crowd joined in and Taylor blushed.

Name after name was being called and I questioned if I would get a diploma. Suddenly, my name was called, "Jessica Mae Harrison." I quickly stood up and practically ran up to get my diploma. Niall and my friends and family stood up. I blushed from all the attention.

After the ceremony, everybody talked and headed to Rikki's Cafe. Niall and I sat in a corner booth. We both talked and laughed of our memories.

"Nialler, this is where we first met." I recalled.

Niall nodded. "Yes, indeed it is." Niall kissed me and smiled.

"I love you!" I smiled.

Niall blushed, "I love you more, Jess. Your the finest fish in the ocean." Niall laughed, adorably and kissed me again.

~

Nate warmed up his piano that signaled it was my time to sing. I kissed Nialler. "I'm on!" I said as I danced my way up. Everyone stood up to see me sing. I smiled as I started to sing...

"I've got a special power,

That I'm not afraid to use,

every waking hour,

I discover something new,

So come on, this is my adventure,

This is my fantasy, its all about living in the ocean being wild and free..."

I walked down from the stage, smiling. Niall greeted me with a hug. "Jess," he said, "You are an amazing singer." I blushed, hoping it was true. Nialler smiled and hugged me. I saw a man in a business suit come over to our table. Niall seemed to know who he was.

"Niall, can I talk to Jessica alone?" He asked.

"Sure you can, Paul." Niall smiled.

Niall looked at me and whispered in my ear, "That's Paul Higgins. He's our bands lead bodyguard and part manager. He's pretty cool. Don't be nervous, he's probably just going to ask you something." I smiled, Niall seemed to be in on some sort of secret.

I followed Paul to the other side of the cafe. He smiled. "I'm Paul Higgins, and I'm One Directions security guard. I came here because the boys manager wanted to know if you wanted to be an opening act for their tour coming up. Do you?"

I stared at Paul, shocked. Why would they want me to open for a world famous boy band? I _might_ have been an okay singer but, not good enough for opening a tour! I didn't know what to think, should I say yes and risk my secret? Should I say no? How could I say no?!

"Yes, I would like too." I smiled, nervous about what would come.

I walked back to Niall. He seemed to notice I was nervous. "Jess, what did Paul ask? You seem pretty nervous."

I laughed, gently. "Paul asked if I wanted to open the tour for the boys... And..." Niall seemed to want to know quickly. "I said.... Yes."

Nialls eyes widened. "Really? That's amazing. I'm so excited." He smiled and hugged me...