Chapter 15 : Bubble, Bubble, Toil, and Trouble

During the next week I met the other members of the band. They seemed nice. But, one of them was different. Nate. He seemed like a bit of trouble. Soon, Wednesday came and I was super excited cause tonight would be my first gig. I was also a bit worried, too. Tonight was a full moon. Taylor and Emma came with me cause they wanted to see me sing tonight. Rikki's Cafe was closed for sound check so, the girls and I went in early as not to see the moon. I walked on the stage for sound check. I sang, a lot of differant songs. Nate seemed really into the songs. After an hour of rehearsal, the Cafe opened and there was a lot of people. I walked upon stage, "Good Evening Everyone!" I smiled. "I'm gonna sing a little song!" Everyone in the Cafe cheered. I sang,

"I thought that life was kind,

Just a state of mind,

Than I found you and the sun shown brightly,

Its like when your alone,

Just pick up the phone,

I hear your voice and I don't feel so empty..."

After I sang a few songs, my first gig was over. I was sad but, I would sing tomorrow! Nate told me he wanted me to hear a song he wrote for our next gig, I went out to the dock outside Rikki's Cafe and I was trying not to look at the moon.

Nate started singing, "If you wanna get with me, you better line up ladies. Line up ladies. If you wanna love letter from me. You better sign up ladies, you better give me your address." Wow, I thought. "I cant wait to meet your parents." He put his hands behind his head for dog ears! "I cant wait to meet your dog..."

"Nate, stop!" I said. Nate put his hands down. "That's horrendous."

Nate stopped a moment, "Yeah, Jesse. What was I thinking!" He knew I was right.

Soon he walked back into the Cafe. I watched him as he left, "Better line up ladies, line up ladies..." he said muttering to himself. During his whole song I didn't look at the moon. I was starting to walk back into the cafe but, I heard something.

I turned around slowly and I saw a giant water tentacle. It came over my whole body as it pulled me into the water. I turned into a mermaid and It pulled me straight down. I thought it was going to kill me! I was trying to break free. After I was far down it started taking me to Mako island! I was in the moon pool! The water tentacle was restraining my arms. "Help!" I yelled. I felt alone. Suddenly, I started to turn to water. I was changing into water. Just then, I saw Taylor and Emma. They were using there powers to let me go free. Then, everything went black...

I woke up to Taylor crying. Emma was trying to calm her down. I was lying at the edge of the moon pool. I sat up and looked towards Taylor, "Jessie, you're alive!" She exclaimed.

"What happened?" I asked rubbing my head.

"You don't remember?" Emma asked.

"Well," I said, "I remember talking to Nate, but the rest is all a blur."

"Wow, I'm surprised you don't remember what happened to you. Want me to tell you?" Taylor said.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Ok, so the water tentacle took you to Mako Island. And when you were in the moon pool, it somehow started to turn you into water. If we didn't come it might have killed you!" Taylor's expression grew scared.

"It could have killed me?" I said slowly.

Emma nodded slowly. Her eyes met mine and she said, "Yeah, it could have. Luckily we came, right?"

"Yeah, thank you guys for saving my life! You are really amazing!"

"You're very welcome." Taylor said. "We just need to figure out how to avoid this from happening again."

"Yeah," Emma said. "It looks like it only turns into a water tentacle on a full moon. So, this means we have to stay inside no matter what."

"Ok, but what about my singing?" I said.

"I think we might be able to arrange something with Zane. I know him." Emma said.

"Really how?" I asked.

"No time to explain, girls. We got to go home so we don't get attacked by a water tentacle again."

"Ok," I said. "Bye, guys." I said as I jumped into the water.

I quickly swam home. My house was dark so I tiptoed up to my room. I quickly got ready for bed and later, I went to sleep.