8- History

Sapnap had left to get necessities from his house as Dream escorted me back to my home.

And now here we sat, waiting for Sapnap to get back, in silence.

"Ya know you're lucky you came back now," Dream broke the silence first.

"What do you mean," I was confused by what he meant.

"The prison's extra cell blocks are only a couple days from being done," He started, propping his feet up on my table, "if they were finished, you would've been their first occupant."

"The prison?" I mumbled, even more confused, "is that the large black building beyond the Badlands?"

"Yup," Dream said, popping the P, "I'm paying Sam a pretty penny to have that built. I drew up the blueprints myself; it'll be inescapable."

"But why?" I scoffed, "who do you even have to put in there."

"I don't want to reveal my plans too soon, now do I," He cocked his head to the side, "but clearly, I could've used it a bit earlier. If only one of the cells had been finished, I wouldn't have to be wasting one of my men on you."

I was shocked at his statement. "Why not just lock me in that cell you had me in before?" I asked, offended.

"Because I am feeling generous," he turned to face me, "This way you still can go out and be social, would you rather have solitary confinement." His voice was dark, and it scared me.

"I guess you're right."

Shortly after our conversation, Sapnap walked in, holding his bag.

"So where is my room," He had a slight smirk on his face.

"Uh- you can have the room in the basement," I said, pointing to a small ladder in the mudroom.

Sapnap slid down the ladder as Dream, and I followed behind.

"This place is tiny," Sapnap scoffed while searching around the room.

"Well, it's got its doorway that connects to the path system, and there's bathroom and closet as well."

"Well, I believe that is all," Dream said, taking in the small living space for himself, "Sapnap, you report back every night, got it."

"Yes, sir," Sapnap jumped on his bed.

Dream left out the door, slamming it behind him.

"I'll be upstairs if you need me," I started walking to the ladder before I was stopped by Sapnap, grabbing my arm.

"Wait-"

"What on earth would you want," I turned to him as he dropped my arm.

"Listen, I was talking with Bad earlier, and I-," he messed with his hair, "I remembered why you look so familiar."

"Oh? And why would that be?" I asked sarcastically.

"Bad reminded me that you practically lived with him," he paused for a moment, "Listen, I know a lot has happened since the day we first met, but I think we could be great friends. So, could we restart?" He was looking at me with a slight smile on his face, and he held out his hand.

"Really?" I scoffed at him, "you want me to forget everything that happened. Sapnap, you burned down my house, nearly killed me and my friends, and held me hostage not once but twice now, and you want me just to brush that off so that we can be friends," I was yelling at him now.

"I-I just thought we got off on a bad note."

"Ya, we did," I calmed down, "but it wasn't the war Sapnap."