16- Crows

The next day came, and I heard a knock at my door. Expecting to see Sam, I opened it only to meet the tall demon known as Bad. I started to close the door, but it stopped as his hand held it open.

"Wait-" he sounded desperate.

"What do you want, Bad?"

"I wanted to apologize," he looked at his feet, "the egg blinded me. I shouldn't have treated you like that."

I noticed that the red accents in his coat had regained their vibrancy, and he seemed safer now.

"Oh- thank you."

"Sam sealed the egg and the room with obsidian, and I feel much better now," I had opened the door again, seeing the tall demon in his full glory.

"That's good to hear," I smiled at him, "so no more dumb egg?"

"No more dumb egg."

"Well, I have to get to work on my house," I motioned towards the empty room, "see you later."

"See you later, little muffin," Bad smiled and walked away.

I started to work installing several planks as countertops in the kitchen before Sam showed up and helped along with me.

After a few hours, we had finished, the house fully furnished and looking nice. Sam had to leave to finish up work on the prison. He said he was almost done, but knowing Sam's timeline, it probably meant another month or so till it was 100% completed.

I had no clue what was going on in L'Manberg but decided to do a little spying.

I was curious, could you blame me?

I sat atop a hill outside the town's borders that showed all city center. I instantly noticed a new piece on a small stage.

A cage, over the top, was an anvil held high with a rope that stretched through a pulley system and down to the stage. There stood Tubbo, Quackity, Fundy, and Ranboo. All but the latter were in blood-stained aprons and had axes slung over their backs. I looked up and saw Phil, standing on his balcony looking down to the four with a concerned look on his face; he stood there for a second before turning and returning into his house.

I was curious about what he was doing; he didn't look happy with whatever the other four were going to do, so why wasn't he down there with them?

I shifted, slowly making my way to the cliff behind Phil's house, and jumped onto his room before dropping to his balcony. Now safely on the ground, I shifted back and walked in carefully.

"Phil?"

Phil jumped and let out a small yelp turning to see me. "Ya scared me, mate."

"Oh, sorry," I laughed slightly before he turned around, sternly writing away, "what's going on?"

"They're going to arrest Techno."

"You don't sound too happy about that."

"I'm not," Phil said as the crows around the house stirred a bit, they seemed to know exactly what he was thinking.

"Well, can't you stop them?" I asked, "you're 'the Philza Minecraft,' the great traveler and warrior."

"They put me under house arrest," He motioned towards his ankle, where a large black box was strapped around it, "they caught me 'in cahoots' with Techno."

"Why do they even want to execute him?"

"For what he did in the previous war."

"I mean," I stopped for a moment, "we kinda saw that one coming, not the withers per se but- ya know, the anarchy."

I had run away from the chaos after Will's death, avoiding the confusion that took place after with Techno. I knew Tubbo and Tommy were not precisely the most ecstatic with my choices, but I needed to leave.

"That's my point!" Phil yelled, startling the crows, "sorry, mates."

"Well, are you not going to try to do anything?"

"I didn't say I was just going to sit on my ass, did I?" He held up a small rolled piece of paper, now sealed with a wax seal image of a feather.

One of his crows flew up and landed on his forearm as Phil gave it the letter. Without another word, the crow flew out in a flash.

"You're warning him?"

"Yup," he said, pulling out some small tools, "now help me get this thing off." 

word count: 696... hehe funny palindrome