Gaston (1)

"Listen up, my students! Nobody tells this to people who are beginners! Especially when hunting. I wish someone told me. All of us who do this work of killing and hunting, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple of years you try and capture stuff but it's not that clever or you miss. Your technique trying to be good, it has potential but it's not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game between predator and prey, it's still killer. And your taste is why your work in the art of killing disappoints you, my men." boomed Gaston's father from the front of the tavern.

His name was Elijah Legume. "A lot of people never get pas this phase, they quit. Most people, I know who do interesting, amazing work went through years of this. We go through all of this. And if you are starting out or are still in this phase, you gotta know it's normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a day limit, and try to catch that amount of animals to the markets in that amount of time. It is only  by going through a volume of this work, this art, that you will close that gap and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And me, Elijah Legume took longer than anyone to figure this out. It's gonna take awhile. It's normal for it to take a while. You, my students, have just gotta fight your way through."

Gaston applauded with a bunch of other kids and adults too. His father was an inspiration. He was the town hero and some day, Gaston would want to be too. A couple of years later though, he died of cancer. And so, Gaston rose from the ranks and became the leader of the tavern.

But he wasn't taught anything as a child meaning he was a fan of anti-intellectuals such as himself. And Maurice? His best friend since childhood. Well.. he 'betrayed' him by becoming an inventor, getting married and having a daughter as far as Gaston was concerned.

Gaston was someone who had nothing but love, admiration and easiness and because he had never suffered, he didn't have any empathy meaning he was a narcissist. And guess who influenced that opinion that he was the town hero?

The townsfolk.