Jafar (1)

When Jafar was a little boy, he grew up in the slums of Agrabah. It wasn't a nice place as everywhere he looked had some kind of poverty surrounding it. The loss of food and drinkable water was lessening and people didn't trust anyone anymore.

Many children would steal bread or fruit just to eat for the day and many adults took to the streets where they would set up little shops and little attractions to earn money. The royalty of the little kingdom were very rich though and they had all the money they could offer which was little to the people of Agrabah.

The Sultan was very generous and good to all his subjects. He was very short and never acted pompous with a white beard and a hair of snow. His daughter though who was just a little girl, was named Jasmine and he loved her dearly. Jafar was only a teenage boy when his parents announced their move to the palace.

Jafar, who had grown up with stealing, learning how to be completely dishonest and to be rude, actually liked this change. Jafar then asked what his family would be doing in the palace. His father then said that they would be working as servants for The Sultan and the Sultan's family.

Jafar was highly disappointed when he found this out. Then Jafar worked for the Sultan for many years until one day when tragedy struck. Since a little boy, Jafar had been blessed with a gift of magic and his mother gave him a staff that had a python for a head. One day, Jasmine was playing with her pet tiger Raj when Raj fell into the pond and he was only a cub. Jafar used his magic suddenly to rescue the cub and the Sultan and his daughter were very nice impressed and so they made Jafar the High Advisor.

But Jafar began to get jealous of the Sultan's power atop the throne... and jealous he got.