𝟷

Ch

Ch. 1

3 years later
PRESENT DAY
𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙲𝚛𝚞𝚣, 𝙲𝙰

"Come here mama." Moni held her arms out in front of Kayori. She flashed her mom a cheeky smile, displaying two deep dimples, and ran across the wood floor and into her arms.

"Where Tee?" Yori asked, resting her head on her mom's shoulder as Moni carried her into the kitchen of her 3-story townhouse.

Moni glanced at the digital clock on the stove, seeing it was now 5:33pm, "Tee should be on her way back right now, babygirl."

Yori giggled, "I not baby, mama!" Moni chuckled as she moved around the kitchen, "Well you definitely ain't grown. And you're always gonna be my baby."

"Yup!" Yori nodded, earning a laugh from her mom. Moni put her down on the counter and handed her a small pack of Fruit Snacks to keep her occupied while she got dinner ready in the unnecessarily large kitchen.

Moni and Mercy's townhouse was the perfect size for the trio and it was definitely a step-up from the townhouse they first lived in when they moved to Cali. Even though their first townhouse carried a lot of memories and firsts, it wasn't in the best area of Santa Cruz. But at the time it was the best they could afford considering they still both had college expenses to pay for. Shortly after Kayori was born, the sisters were finally able to put the down payment down on the modern-style 3-story townhouse.

With cream colored walls and European oak wood flooring, the interior was everything Moni and Mercy dreamed of

With cream colored walls and European oak wood flooring, the interior was everything Moni and Mercy dreamed of. The dark furniture Mercy had picked out was a nice contrast to the light walls. The first floor consisted of the wide living area, the foyer, the kitchen and the sisters' joint office. The second floor contained Moni and Kayori's rooms as well as two bathrooms while the third floor consisted of Mercy's room, a bathroom, and a small but comfy outdoor living area.