𝟷𝟹

CHAPTER - THIRTEEN

CHAPTER - THIRTEEN

4:13pm
THE NEXT DAY
𝖺𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺, 𝗀𝖾𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝖺

"You gon' get out the car or you gon' keep sitting there biting your lip. You're the one that said you wanted to talk to your aunt." King looked over at Sada who sat in the passenger's seat of his car.

She hooded her eyes and stopped biting on her bottom lip, not even realizing she was doing that. "Shut up, Katriel. I'm just trynna' get my thoughts together."

King exhaled deeply, turning away from her. Sada was the one who insisted she come with him today when she found out he was going to the Young's house. She wanted to finally speak to her aunt, in private.

Sada knew she was wrong for getting with her cousin's first love, and judging by the way Sage had been giving her the cold shoulder, she knew too. But she felt like she couldn't help who she liked, no matter how wrong it is.

King turned off the car and got out, silently forcing Sada to hurry up. She huffed to herself but followed suit, putting her black and gold Quilted Chanel Bag over her shoulder before getting out. King waited until she exited the car to lock it and start walking up to the porch.

Within seconds of knocking, Sage opened the door looking confused and uneasy at the two people standing in front of her. They exchanged awkward hellos before she reluctantly let them into her house, leading them into the living room. She was hoping they were here because someone actually expected them, rather than them just popping up.

"I wanted to talk to Moni, if that's okay with you?" King asked.

Sage gave him a tight-lipped smile and nodded, appreciating his respect regardless of the circumstances everyone was in. "She's in Kayori's room getting her dressed. You can gon' head back there. Past the kitchen, second door on your right."

Katriel nodded and thanked Sage, letting her go back into the kitchen. Katriel attempted to get up from the couch but Sada's hand on his forearm stopped him.

"I forgot to ask, but what are you talking to Moni about? Everything cool?" Sada asked, wearily looking up at him. She had a feeling he knew about Kayori being his daughter, she just didn't speak on it because then she'd have to admit that she's known he had a child all along. She wasn't ready to deal with the repercussions of him finding that out.

"It ain't none. Just trynna clear the air." Katriel gave her the vague response before walking out of the living room before she could ask anymore questions. He didn't know how he was gonna tell Sada that he had a whole child, but now was not the time.