𝟸𝟶

CHAPTER - TWENTY

CHAPTER - TWENTY

10:22am
THE NEXT DAY
𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊, 𝙶𝙰

"Mama?"

" Mamaaaaa..."

"Mommy, up!"

"Let's let mama sleep..." Moni mumbled, willing her daughter to shut up. She had already woke up an hour ago thanks to Kayori, but she collapsed back on her bed right after getting up to take care of her hygiene.

"Mama, up NOW!" Moni felt a light slap on her cheek, causing her eyes to flutter open. Her lips tipped up when her eyes focused on Yori laying right in front of her face, touching their noses together and smiling.

"Hi."

Moni chuckled and leaned forward, placing a kiss on the tip of her baby's small nose. "Hi."

"My daddy make foo." Yori informed before going into detail about the ingredients she saw King taking out of the refrigerator. Moni listened absentmindedly, desperately hoping that King wasn't cooking her breakfast as some sort of apology for the confrontation between her and Sada, featuring Sada's nosy ass best friend.

The way Sada and King were going back and forth last night, you'd think they were a toxic ass couple. That's what it seemed like to Moni at least. They were obviously still together, but Moni wondered why they even bothered? By the looks of it, King was obviously falling back from Sada while she was doing the opposite. But Moni shook all the questions out of her head. Sada and King's "relationship" wasn't any of her business and just the thought of those two together still disgusted her.

After getting up and straightening the room out, Moni held Yori's hand, letting her daughter lead her to the kitchen as if she didn't know how to get there herself. She slowed her steps slightly when she saw Yanna cooking alongside her brother, who was shirtless in nothing but some black fleece Track Pants, socks, and a pair of Onyx colored Yeezy Slides on his feet.

Yanna opened her mouth to continue grilling King when her eyes landed on Moni hovering in front of the island. "Moni!" She threw her knife down on the counter to approach Moni, almost slicing her brother's finger clean off.

King watched the two girls hug over his shoulder before turning around and focusing on the bacon he was cooking.

"I just seen you yesterday. Why you acting like it's been months?" Moni chuckled as she pulled away from Yanna's hug.

Yanna curled her lip before lightly shoving her best friend's shoulder. "Can't even be nice to bitches anymore." She mumbled, making sure Yori wasn't in earshot.