𝟷𝟽

I defo feel like I been neglecting tf outta this book for SD2, but I'll be trying my hardest to make sure both books are updated equallyz

But that still doesn't mean to rush me bc it's not like im purposefully not updating. I'm finding time whenever I can but respectfully... I don't get paid for writing so its not a top priority. It's just something I enjoy doing.

 It's just something I enjoy doing

CHAPTER - SEVENTEEN

4:13pm
THE NEXT DAY
𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊, 𝙶𝙰

"Please send me pictures of all of the samples. Joshua isn't keeping me in the loop and it's starting to piss me off, like seriously." Moni spoke into the phone that was tucked between her ear and shoulder as she scribbled into her work journal.

Dominique, her assistant, chuckled over the phone. "I got you girl. I'll send pics today. It might be at a weird time though because of the time difference and all that."

Moni closed her journal and rested the pen on top.  "Don't worry about it. I'm always up anyway. Send the pics and call me whenever you need to." She spoke into the phone. After exchanging goodbyes with her assistant, she hung up and threw her journal on the bed before walking out of her dad's office and into the living room where the commotion was coming from.

"Should've taken me with you." Moni heard her sister say as she headed down the hallway.

"I would've thrown you overboard the second you pissed me off so I'm doin' both of us a favor. Not trynna go back to jail." JD replied to his daughter, followed by the sound of Mercy throwing something at him.

Moni walked into the living room where everyone was gathered. Her parents sat on one couch while Mercy occupied the armchair adjacent to them. Her parents' suitcases sat in the foyer by the door, just a few hours away from boarding the cruise they were going to stay on for two weeks.

"All good?" Sage asked Moni, who nodded before sitting on the chair across from her sister. "Where's my grand baby? I wanna see her before we head out."

"Katriel should be bringing her now." Moni spoke.

"He's takin' a little too damn long." JD mumbled, causing his wife to smack his chest. Jediah criticized everything King did simply because he didn't like how the boy had did his daughter.

Moni shrugged at her dad. Just as she slid her phone out of her pocket to text King, the doorbell rang. She glanced over the phone screen at her sister who was sitting closest to the door. Mercy rolled her eyes and got up. She unlocked the front door, not bothering to even open it, before sitting right back down.