𝟷𝟼

CHAPTER - SIXTEEN

CHAPTER - SIXTEEN

2:13pm
A FEW DAYS LATER
𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊, 𝙶𝙰

"Momma, please not again." Mercy sighed, dropping onto the couch in the living room. She and Moni had been packing their stuff all morning while Sage attempted to talk them out of moving. Jediah also tried to get them to stay, but once he saw how persistent they were, he gave up.

"All I'm sayin' is that y'all don't need to leave. This house is big enough for all of us." Sage slapped her hands on her thighs.

"I get that but y'all deserve privacy. Why are you mad at us for trying to give you that?"

"I just don't feel like it's necessary. We love havin' y'all here." She sighed.

"But you not gone love all the people coming in and out of your house, so just let us do this."

"Chile." Sage breathed out. Mercy shook her head at her mother's persistence. The lady simply never took no for an answer, even in this instance when they were doing something for her benefit.

"Enough of trying to convince us to not do something we're gonna do anyway, are you excited for your lil' trip?" Mercy smiled, displaying her pearly white teeth.

Jediah decided to take Sage on a two-and-a-half week long cruise in the Bahamas for some alone time. It'd been way too long since he and Sage traveled and when he was locked up, that was something they always talked about wanting do.

JD and Sage wanted to have kids as young adults so they could raise them, send them to college, and still be young enough to travel the world without arthritis or some shit.

"I'm very excited." Sage smiled genuinely.

"Aw, that's cute. But please don't be giving us any other sibling though because I don't feel like raising one. There are protective measures-"

"Mercedes shut the hell up. We're not having anymore kids, and— as a matter of fact, I'm not about to sit up here and discuss my sex life with your father with you."

"Ew." Mercy curled her lip. Sage rolled her eyes, snatching her empty plate off the coffee table and going into the kitchen. Just as the sink turned on in the kitchen, the sound of a door flying open and hitting a wall could be heard upstairs.

"Why are you sitting down?"

Mercy turned to find Moni coming down the stairs, looking at her like she just committed a crime. "Because I've been up and running around since 11?"