𝟷𝟻

CHAPTER - FIFTEEN

CHAPTER - FIFTEEN

5:00pm
FIVE DAYS LATER
𝖺𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺, 𝗀𝖾𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝖺

"Oooh, that's cute," Yanna spoke as she rested her head on Moni's shoulder and looked at the computer that rested on her best friend's lap. "It's not too big either."

Moni hummed in approval as she saved the listing on Zillow and continued scrolling through more. They sat in the living room of King's condo that Yanna was calling home for now, doing some online house hunting. Rina had an event to attend at her sister's school and Mercy was at their parents house, so Yanna suggested Moni come over to King's apartment. She didn't want to, but she reluctantly accepted after King took their daughter to the mall.

Seeing as her and Mercy are going to be back-and-forth between Georgia and Cali, they figured they'd just find a place to stay while they're here.

Their parents insisted that they could always stay at their house. But with their dad now out of jail, Moni and Mercy felt like their parents finally deserved their own peace and privacy, without having to worry about people coming in and out of their house on a regular basis.

Meech would constantly be over there whenever he's in Atl to see Mercy. Rina and her sister, along with Yanna, would also be over regularly. Not to mention King and maybe even his parents. It was just too many people to take into consideration and they didn't want their parents feeling like they couldn't have some peace and quiet in their own home.

"Moni, that's like the fiftieth house you've saved. We're getting no where." Sada huffed, sitting up from her best friend's shoulder.

"I can't help it, all these houses look so good." Moni sighed to herself, her eyes skimming over the listing of a newly renovated two-story house.

"You remember when we use to sit there for hours and scroll through houses on the market that we knew we couldn't afford?"

Yanna chuckled to herself, "Yea."

"That's what this feels like; but now, I can actually afford them." Moni smiled to herself.

To say she came a long way was an understatement. She took something she was passionate about, designing, and created an entire lifestyle out of it. It's rare that people are able to take something they enjoy doing and make not only a profit out of it, but an entire living, and Moni was able to do just that.

"I'm proud of you," Yanna poked her bottom lip out, giving Moni a side hug, "But you need to settle on a property already. You're all over the place. You done saved houses, townhouses, apartments—like what do you even want?"