𝟸𝟷

CHAPTER - TWENTY ONE

12:01pm
THE NEXT DAY
Percy Rec Center (PRC)

"Come in." King raised his voice at whoever was knocking on his office door. He sat behind his desk in his Rec Center office with an arm resting behind his head. All he could think about was returning to his condo where he'd left Moni and their daughter on the couch watching a movie this morning.

Obviously there was not much social interaction between him and Moni, but just the thought of her in his space with their daughter was so casual and domestic to him. It made him feel like this was how shit was supposed to be.

Katriel looked up from his iMac screen when the person behind the door entered his office, revealing none other than Sada herself. He held back a sigh. At this point, every single one of their interactions ended in tears on her end and pent up frustration on his.

He hadn't spoken to her since their back and forth the other night in front of his condo and she surprisingly hadn't tried to reach out like she would after every one of their disagreements.

Sada saw King's expression drop as she stepped into his space and closed the door behind her. His reaction made her heart break a little, but she came here to talk so that's what she was going to do.

"King, please just let me talk before you go off." She sighed, standing in front of his desk. She wore a long-sleeve, black FashionNova bodysuit with some grey and black Low Top Chanel Trainers and a small grey Classic Double Flap Chanel handbag.

Katriel closed his eyes and sighed before opening them and focusing his attention on her. "What do you have to say, Sada? You don't think you said enough the other night?"

"I know you won't believe me when I say this, but I really am sorry. This is me being dead serious. Even though I had my reasons, I went too far. I just really want you to understand where I'm coming from in this whole situation." Asada spoke, her voice holding a pleading tone to it. Regardless of how many times King says that Sada has trouble listening, he's really the one who has trouble hearing people out.

King tapped his finger against his desk for a few seconds before finally nodding, inviting her to continue. She sounded desperate and on the verge of tears and regardless of the direction of their relationship he felt like he owed it to her to at least her what she had to say.

Sada took a seat on one of the armchairs in front of King before speaking. "I don't have a problem when it comes to men with kids from other women. I used to date a boy my junior year of high school who had a babymomma. Something I always kept bottled up was the fact that I constantly came second to him. It was his babymomma, and then me. And fair be it — that's the mother of his child. But it came to a point where our relationship was an afterthought to him and so was I."