𝟷𝟾

CHAPTER - EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER - EIGHTEEN

4:13pm
THE NEXT DAY
𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊, 𝙶𝙰

"Sir, I'm really not trynna be rude, but why weren't we told about these maintenance issues days ago instead of the day we're supposed to be moving in?" Mercy held the phone between her shoulder and her ear as she stood in Rina's kitchen, cutting a sandwich in half for her and her niece.

Rina sat across from her, her elbow propped up on the island as she rested her chin in the palm of her hand. Yori stood at Mercy's side, impatiently waiting for her to cut the turkey sandwich.

"Huwwy!" She huffed, causing Rina to muffle her laugh.

Mercy mugged her niece before handing her the triangle-shaped sandwich as she listened to their townhouse's maintenance manager over the phone. "Okay, I understand that. But that isn't our proble- next week?!"

"Lord." Rina mumbled under her breath.

"If y'all were working on this for days that means you've been known we weren't going to be able to move in tomorrow. Y'all know damn well y'all should've told us when you first noticed something wrong with the plumbing. That's so ghetto of y'all."

Mercy sighed as she rubbed her temple with one hand and gripped the phone with the other. It seemed like everything was going left. After her and her sister decided on the townhouse Moni had toured, they put their down payment down immediately. But then their furniture started getting delayed, and Mercy got word from the landlord this morning that there was an issue with the plumbing which would push their move-in date back from today to god knows when.

Staying at their parents house until their townhome was ready to be moved-into was out of the picture. Since JD and Sage were going to be out of town for a few weeks, they took the opportunity of no one staying in their house to renovate a bunch of stuff. The entire house was a construction site right now, so there was no way the trio could stay there.

Mercy let out a long sigh as she listened to the building manager offer her a bunch of useless apologies over the phone. Apologizing wasn't going to change the fact that her and her sister were all packed up with no place to go. They borrowed Sage's car to use for the move and it was filled with stuff.

"I'm not trying to hear that right now. I promise you, if we hadn't already put down that huge down payment, I would've withdrew. Y'all should know better... whatever. The next time you contact me I need it to be when the home is ready to be moved in to, thank you." She spoke before ending the call.