𝟷𝟺

CHAPTER - FOURTEEN

CHAPTER - FOURTEEN

4:13pm
THE NEXT DAY
𝖺𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺, 𝗀𝖾𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝖺

Sighing to himself, King stood up from his leather desk chair and walked towards the locked door after hearing two knocks. The office he had at Percy Recreational Center sat on the third floor of the building. It was averagely sized with frosted, one-way windows looking down at the entrance of the Rec Center.

Katriel opened the black wooden door to find Sada standing there. She gave him a soft smile before wrapping her arms around him. He let go of the door to engulf her in a hug.

Sada's Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet perfume filled his nose. "You smell good." He complimented her as they pulled away from each other.

Sada thanked him and gave him a quick peck on the lips before walking into the office. She took a seat on one of the armchairs in front of King's desk. Instead of sitting down, King leaned his body onto the desk next to her seat. Sitting down behind the desk felt too formal.

"So what's up?" Sada got comfortable in her chair as she gazed up at her boyfriend. It wasn't normal that Katriel would ask her to come to the Rec to "talk" while he was working.

She still happily took the opportunity. Recently she felt like there had been a sudden shift in their relationship, so any extra time they spent together was a plus in her eyes.

"I got something to tell you..." King took a deep breath.

Sada sat up a little straighter. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head, glancing around the office. "Something I found out recently. It wouldn't be fair to not let you know about this too because it affects my life. And yours."

Sada pinched her eyebrows together, now on high-alert from his vague explanation. "Baby, tell me what's wrong. You're giving me anxiety."

King finally looked down at Sada and his facial expression softened. He already felt bad about what he was gonna say and he hadn't even told her yet. He bit the inside of his cheek before just saying fuck it and muttering, "I have a daughter."

Sada blew out somewhat of a relieved breath before pausing. She was aware of the fact that she too would have to face the consequences of keeping Moni's secret a secret this whole time. But now that it was time to fess up, she wanted to be anywhere but this office.

Nervously, Sada cleared her throat and looked up at King who was already staring down at her weirdly. He expected an actual reaction out of her, not some blank facial expression.