𝟷𝟷

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

2:33PM
TWO DAYS LATER
𝖺𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖺, 𝗀𝖾𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝖺

"Please make sure you're all packed up. I don't wanna hear you talking 'bout you forgot something." Mercy eyed her sister as she laid on the bed, propping her head up with her elbow.

"You must be talkin' about yourself." Moni scoffed. Her sister was always the one rushing to pack because she hated doing it and she'd rather get it out of the way. So by the time they'd make it back to Santa Cruz and started unpacking, half of her stuff would've gotten left behind.

"And is." Mercy shrugged with a smile on her lips, making her sister playfully roll her eyes. "Where's my niecey at?"

She rolled her eyes. "Probably playing with one of the hundred toys her grandparents done bought her."

"She love her some gwan-ma and pop." Mercy spoke, pronouncing it just as her niece does. Kimoni looked over at her sister before laughing and shaking her head.

"Can't believe that nigga really told her to call him 'pop' instead of 'grandpa.' Like nigga you're getting old, accept it."

"Old people hate admitting they old." Kimoni laughed to herself. "But let me stop playin' with our dad though, he ain't that old."

"He old to me." Mercy shrugged, causing her sister to chuckle. JD was 43 years old but the nine years he spent locked up made him feel older than he really was. But he spent most of his time in prison working on himself anyway so he didn't look his age at all.

Mercy watched her sister strategically fold her clothes and place them inside the suit case, making sure to leave enough room so that everything could fit. Clearing her throat, she spoke. "Has King said anything since yesterday...?"

Moni briefly paused her folding as she thought about her and King's heated conversation yesterday, before shaking her head in response. "Yanna texted me though. Letting me know she got me and Yori and that she knows King is gonna figure out a way to put his ill feelings to the side to coparent."

"He's mad as hell, huh.." Mercedes blew out a breath. She could tell by the look on her sister's face and the brief summary of their convo yesterday that King wasn't too fond of her right now.

Moni chuckled under her breath. She didn't even know if "mad" was a word strong enough to describe the hatred King possessed towards her. After he had finally broken himself away from Yori yesterday, King looked at Moni like she was the scum of the earth before telling her for the hundredth time how unbelievable she was. Holding and interacting with Yori made the whole situation so much more real for him.