{4}

Your heart was racing as you sat alone in the locker room coming down from the high that the previous events had given you. You felt like you were on a different planet. After a few minutes, the three men of the Shield entered the locker room.

As soon as they entered, you graced them with an innocent smile and although they looked confused, they also seemed proud. There was a moment of silence, no one knowing what to say. Finally, Roman began to say something, but all he could get out was, "Y/N..." You weren't sure what to say either. After all, it was your first night at WWE and you had already impressed the crowd. You were overwhelmed with emotions.

"That was amazing," Seth stated, finally saying what everyone else had been wanting to say. You let out a small chuckle before replying, "It was nothing." "Nothing? I've never seen anything like that," Dean stated, joining in on the conversation.

Before you could say anything in response, you heard a knock on the door to the locker room, followed by Kurt Angle entering. You immediately stood up and noticed that he had a large smile on his face. "Y/N! That was great! The crowd loved you," Kurt told you, making you smile. You were glad that your debut was a success.

"Well, listen, now that you've already made an appearance, the crowd is going to expect to see you more. Alexa Bliss is already doing a promo right now, talking about how she is going to make sure you know who the boss is in the women's division. Since you came to the "rescue" of the Shield, I think this would be a great opportunity to schedule a tag-team match to see how the crowd likes you working with the Shield. So, next week on Raw, it's going to be Alexa Bliss and Baron Corbin against you and whoever you want to be your partner to be. Unfortunately, I won't be around for the match since Corbin is the new manager, but you're going to do great," Kurt explained before leaving the locker room.

You were excited for the chance to be in a tag-team match with one of the guys, but a slight blush appeared on your cheeks as you realized that you had to choose between the men for your tag partner.

All three men were looking at you, waiting for you to say something, but you hated being in this position. "Any ideas on who should be my tag partner?" you asked them, hoping they would figure it out themselves. The three men looked between each other. Roman began the conversation by saying, "Well, Seth, no offense, but I don't think it should be you. You are the Intercontinental Champion and Dolph Ziggler is just waiting for the chance to get the jump on you, you should focus on that."

Seth wanted to protest at first but then agreed with Roman, knowing that his "brother" was right. "Okay, so then who is it going to be between you and Dean?" Seth asked in response. Roman looked at Dean, giving him a look. You weren't sure what exactly Roman's look meant, but you knew they were having some sort of silent conversation with each other.

"Well, don't get me wrong Y/N, I would love to be in the ring with you, but I can wait for the next time, I promised my wife, Renee, that I would take her out next week," Dean stated. Roman gave Dean a small smile before turning his attention to you, saying, "I guess it's me and you next week."

The look he gave you when he said that was enough to make your knees buckle and your heart race, but you had to compose yourself and remind yourself that he was your co-worker. So, you cleared your throat and replied, "Sounds great, I should let Angle know before he leaves."

With those words, you took your leave, making your way to Angle's office, but when you got there, you saw that the door was locked and the lights were all off. He must have gone home already. You quickly pulled out your phone and called him, letting him know that Roman would be your tag partner next week.

When you got off the phone, you went back to the locker room one last time to gather up your stuff before heading to the hotel for the night...wait. You completely forgot to get your hotel room key from Angle before he left.

He was holding onto it for you and was supposed to give it to you after your debut, but he must have forgotten too. You mentally face palmed as you sat down, trying to figure out what to do. You were so deep in thought that you didn't hear Roman come into the locker room until he asked, "Are you okay?"

You slightly jumped as you were quickly pulled from your thoughts. "Oh, yeah. I was just thinking," you replied. Roman gave you a small smile before telling you, "You should get some sleep, I was thinking about waking up early tomorrow and training if you wanted to join? We can work on some moves for the tag match," Roman suggested. "That's a good idea," you told him with a sweet smile. "I'm headed to the hotel we're all staying in now if you want me to walk you over there," he said.

You blushed slightly at his offer, feeling embarrassed as you debated whether or not to tell him that you were going to have to sleep in the locker room for the night. He saw that something was wrong though and asked, "What?" "I kind of forgot to get my hotel room key from Angle, so I was planning on sleeping here tonight," you explained.

Roman let out a small laugh at the situation before suggesting, "You could stay in my room for the night." You gave him a look that made him laugh even harder. "Not like that. There's only one bed, but I promise I'll be on my best behavior," he replied.

You still weren't convinced though. "It's better than the floor of a dirty locker room," Roman added, hoping to convince you. You chuckled a little as you told him, "You do have a point there." You thought about it for another moment before caving in and saying, "Okay, thank you for letting me stay with you for the night."

Roman smiled as he gave you a nod in response. He waited for you to gather up your belongings before walking with you to the hotel. He led you up to his room and let you use the bathroom first. You took a shower and put on your pajama shorts and tank top since it was still hot outside. You quickly brushed your teeth before exiting.

When you exited the bathroom, you saw Roman standing in the middle of the room with his back turned to you and his shirt off. You knew you should have looked away, but you couldn't help but take a second to admire his body.

Roman suddenly turned around making you avert your eyes with a slight tint coating your cheeks. "If it bothers you, I can put my shirt on," Roman stated, attempting to make you feel more comfortable.

"No, it's okay," you replied, crawling into the bed. Besides, it's not like it's something I haven't seen before. Roman disappeared into the bathroom for a few minutes, leaving you to sit and ponder your time already in WWE. What an adrenaline rush. Roman came out a bit later and crawled into the bed next to you.

You could feel the tension between the two of you, both of you obviously attracted to one another. But, as he promised, Roman didn't make any moves on you, which you were grateful for. After all, he was your co-worker now and the last thing you wanted to do was jeopardize your career.