SEVENTEEN. 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

"Have a good break, Mav

"Have a good break, Mav." Sandy, the nice woman that worked with Mav smiled. The pink locks hanging down the girls back bounced slightly when she turned her head back. The same lopsided smile, pearly whites, scar on her cheek, dark eyed girl that all of Hawkins knew, smiled back at her.

"You too, Sandy. I'll see you in two weeks." Mav smiled again. Her voice had deepened some, a slight husky tone to it from the cold weather. She held the pink leather jacket in her arms, the red waitress uniform clashing with her pink hair, yet she pulled it off perfectly. Mavis had scored herself the part time, two days a week, two hour job at the local diner when she was trying to show the new police chief, who had a stern talk to her about her record and how they weren't gonna go easy on her, that she was trying to better herself.

"Hey, Mav." the middle aged man that owned the book store next to the diner waved her way. "Got any plans for Christmas?"

"Nothing too wild." she called back, pulling her jacket on as the little snow flakes fell onto her skin. "You?"

"Heading up state to see my sister. She's on husband four and says this one's the one." the man gave a knowing look. "Heard that about three times before."

The pink haired girl snorted, throwing her leg over her bike. "Maybe this one will stick."

"Maybe." he shrugged. "Have a good Christmas."

She kicked off the small side walk, peddling away and waving over her shoulder. "You too!"

The diner wasn't too far from the Sinclair home. It's the only reason Mavis' mom agreed to let her have the two day job, knowing she was close. The car was in the drive way, the few christmas lights they'd hung up lighting up her eyes as she parked her bike on the side of the house. Her skin was prickly from the cold, mainly her exposed legs, that had grown an inch since summer. She's written pretty much an essay to El about how excited she was that she was staring to grow, the constant aching in her legs letting her know it was still happening.

"Whoop." Mavis spoke to herself as she nearly slipped on the icy drive way. "Carful, Mav. You weirdo."

She held the mailbox to keep herself up, looking through the mail. She tossed the bills over her shoulder, finally setting her eyes on the pink envelope that smelt like El's perfume. It was a little trick Mav had taught her without trying. When El received her first letter, she'd noticed how the envelope smelt like cherries and vanilla cupcakes. The same way Mav smelt. She figured it out after the second letter, spraying the envelope with her own perfume before sending it.

Mavis smiled down at it. Despite getting a chance to talk to each other over the phone every day, it was, as Mavis said, romantic and totally 'old school' to mail letters to each other. The girl hurried to break the opening, pulling the notebook paper out with a grin. El wrote to her about how she wished they got to spend Christmas together again, like they had at the Snowball last December. She said how she missed her and hopes she gets to see her soon since she wasn't able to make it down for Christmas this time.