SIX

⇥✰⇤
Tell me about it

"Max, make your boyfriend shut up." Mavis grumbled the next morning when she heard Lucas's voice coming through on the walkie talkie. The four curled up in the bed together, Max and Carrie on one end while Mav and El took the other end.

"Shut! Up!" Max demanded into the walkie before turning it off, Mavis lowered her head back into the crock of El's neck as sleep began to slowly take her over again before the phone rang loudly.

"You've got to be kidding me." Max glared as she threw herself out of the bed and yank the landline to her ear.

"I'm sleeping! Go away!" Max yelled before she stopped, Mavis groaned as she sat up as El did too.

"Ow." Carrie commented after Mavis had kicked her.

"What did he say?" El asked as Max turned to them with a confused look.

"Woah, you look well rested." Lucas said sarcastically to Mavis as the girls walked in.

"No." Was all Mavis said to him, falling down next to Mike as he patted down a piece of her hair was that sticking up.

"I didn't think it was anything at first, I mean I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at day of the dead, you did too." Will said as he looked to Carrie, who nodded her head.

"The power went out that night too." Mike nodded his head from next to Mav as he looked between Will and Carrie.

"And then I felt it on the field on the Nelson farm the next day, and then again yesterday outside castle byers." Will added in as Mavis turned to Carrie, who sighed.

"I felt it too, I was scared to say anything." Carrie said as Mavis sat up some to give her a look.

"Scared? Why were you scared?" Mavis asked her as the dark haired girl shrugged.

"We were having such a good time, I didn't want to ruin that." the Byers girl said as Mavis reached over and squeezed her hand.

"You wouldn't have ruined our time, we would have made sure you were safe." Mavis reassures her as Carrie gave a sad smile and squeezed her hand back.

"What does it feel like?" Max asked, looking between the two.

"Uncomfortable." Carrie said as she messed with her hands, Mike giving a worried look.

"It's almost like, you know when you drop on a roller coaster?"

"Sure."

"Yeah."

"No."

"It's like everything inside your body is sinking at once, but this is worse. Your body, it goes cold, and you can't breath." Will explained was Mavis blinked with a nod.

"Like a panic attack?" Mavis asked as Will looked up at her.

"Do those feel like something horrible happened and suddenly you just can't breath?" Will asked as Mavis frowned.

"Yeah, they do." she said to him as El gave a confused look, never hearing Mavis mention it before.

"Then yes, I've felt it before. We both have, when it was close." Will said as he pointed to Carrie who nodded her head in agreement.